little slip

jwan2

I was wondering how did i lay down my fz1 so quickly. I was comming up to a right turn going about 5 ML hr and suddenly the bike slamed down on it's left side, . I lost a foot peg and aquired some road rash, the engine guards did well, but the overall rating i would give it's coondition is at a 4 from the brand new 10 I had brand new boots on, I don't think it was sand, maby when I let off the clutch cable it moved a little then with the thicker boot tread the bike just went left hard cause of the rear brake!!! Yea it was a little bit of an incline too, so i was in a leaning position to the rite. man that was tough,, Thinking about selling her :jaw drop

Last edited:
Sorry to here, I think you locked the rear wheel resulting in a highside, is this your first bike? I wouldn't sell the bike for this mishap, try to take some riding classes and improve your riding skills, we all have our mishaps, don't let this discourage you, riding is a unique experience once you start enjoying it as it becomes second nature.

Damn, your first post is to report a crash?!?! Sorry about that....but at least you're here to tell us about it. Live and learn. And I hope you are not too discouraged by this.

Crashes suck but at least you're ok!

How long have you been riding & is this your first bike? It sounds like a standard new rider mistake and I think you should just get back on 'er!

:)

littlt slip

thanks bros, Its my 4th bike,, been riding mostly motor bikes sense 2007 I'll prawbubley keep it, but will hopfully rember that painfull mistake, I'm still scard, rode it home, but haven't ridden again sinse,,, that's been 5 days. I've layed bikes down in gravel, grass, and ice but never that hard have i landed,,, ribs still hurt but i can still work just at 7% normal.

Last edited:
The best thing you can do is heal up and get right back on. Plenty of us have had that 5mph get-off. 4th bike or 27th bike, it can happen to any of us. It might very well "never" happen again so don't sweat it. Get back on that horse as soon as you can!

Plenty of us have had that 5mph get-off. 4th bike or 27th bike, it can happen to any of us.

You're not kidding! Just today I almost knocked my bike over putting it up on the centre stand. My foot slipped off the stand and it went toppling over in the direction of my FZ600. :embarrased::embarrased: I caught it before it fell over and put it on the side stand.

You're not kidding! Just today I almost knocked my bike over putting it up on the centre stand. My foot slipped off the stand and it went toppling over in the direction of my FZ600. :embarrased::embarrased: I caught it before it fell over and put it on the side stand.

Those are THE suckiest kinds of laydowns for sure. No need to sell, or worse, quit riding because of it though.

I had my DUC fall out from under me at like 3mph I was turning around and hit some gravel some a hole flung all over the road cutting a corner and getting on it hard. What do ya do? I caught the bike before it went all the way down.

Glad you're okay, crashing sucks.

The "dumbest"crash I had was years ago. I pulled up in from of a 7-11 on my GS1100EX to buy an iced tea, and hopped off my bike. The only problem was I forgot to put the kick stand down! duh!!!!

It happens...

Slow speed crashes can pop up anywhere. I was riding in Australia years ago and there was a roundabout on one of my routes that never had any traffic in it so I was used to giving a quick glance to my right and sailing through it. But one time I looked and, oops, a car was coming around so I stopped and when I went to put my foot down my pants cuff momentarily hung up on the foot peg for just an instant, but it was enough delay for the bike to lay over on it's side at 0 mph. To this day I don't like to ride without my pants tucked inside my boots. Anyway, analyze what went wrong and how you can prevent it again and just get back on the bike and go. Don't wait too long or you will spook yourself for a long time.

i've crashed at 0mph and 180mph. wanna know what i do now? i still ride. shit happens. what you need to do is learn from it. find out why you crashed, you did something wrong or maybe something broke on the bike? check your wheel bearings. but next time out, pay more attention when riding, to your environment, what you're doing on the bike, what your bike is doing etc

Man, I'm sorry to hear about the lay down! But I'm glad to hear you'll be okay! My FZ1 is my first 2-wheeler and I layed it over, within the first week, turning into my gravel driveway off the paved road. Luckily I was only doin about 2-3 mph, turning to the left, when the front tire dropped off the pavement and into the gravel I made the mistake of hitting the front brake and it locked up and slid/layed over. I was able to step away before it dropped on my leg but the bike was too heavy to stop from hitting the ground. She now has a beauty mark about 3" long on the side of the upper fairing!

I dropped my brand new FZ6R making a tight u-turn doing about 5mph IN MY MOTORCYCLE LICENSE TEST! I felt like the biggest knob ever! Oh, look at BigSlick here with the shiny brand new sport bike he can't even keep upright. I got over it, and you will to. As a wise rider with tones of miles once told a buddy of mine, "that's motorcycles; sometimes you wreck 'em." Keep your chin up, and never stop learning.

The "dumbest"crash I had was years ago. I pulled up in from of a 7-11 on my GS1100EX to buy an iced tea, and hopped off my bike. The only problem was I forgot to put the kick stand down! duh!!!!

It happens...

I did that a few weeks after I bought my FZ, hahaha, its the worst!

Back