Lime Creek Rd

:wilynily::wilynily::wilynily::wilynily:

:flash::flash::flash::flash::flash:

Get some! Love that road. Today going out of Austin northbound and returning later southbound........it finally happened out there for the first time.............wait for it......

No TRAFFIC in front of me. :shine:

BTW, going northbound I passed by somebody on a silver bike going the other way------seemed way too fast for the corner I had just exited. Later, I was returning and going southbound down Lime Creek. I happened to see some silver fairing lying on the side of the road.

Coincidence?

BTW, going northbound I passed by somebody on a silver bike going the other way------seemed way too fast for the corner I had just exited. Later, I was returning and going southbound down Lime Creek. I happened to see some silver fairing lying on the side of the road.

Coincidence?

Ugh, not much of a surprise! I live right around the corner from LCR. I like riding the road but it's not one for putting your knee down on. I've had cars, and even a couple of bikes, come right into my lane around some of the corners north of volente.

Still a fun road though for sure!

Ugh, not much of a surprise! I live right around the corner from LCR. I like riding the road but it's not one for putting your knee down on. I've had cars, and even a couple of bikes, come right into my lane around some of the corners north of volente.

Yes, in spite of the fun factor, I still expect people to come in my lane on sharp, blind turns. And they sure do. World is full of teenagers with new licenses and assholes who believe they paid for the whole road. And then there are those "heros" on bikes who think they can ride like Casey Stoner does track on the street. :disturbed

I just keep both eyes open for that.

Last edited:
Be carefully out there. I got a ticket Sunday just before the exit to the Oasis. That section in only 40, the sheriff clocked me at 58. Ouch...

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

The corners are all blind for the most part, it fun but I never ride super fast there.

Last edited:
Be carefully out there. I got a ticket Sunday just before the exit to the Oasis. That section in only 40, the sheriff clocked me at 58. Ouch...

Ouch. Thanks! I went that way a couple times on Sunday, but guess I missed him.

I saw a state trooper coming & going on 1431 to Marble Falls, so "adjusted" my ride accordingly. :rolleyes:

Sounds like another track day for you now!? :D

Wish we had a road like this close to me! The issue with the great roads here is police, speed limits and population.

The lack of population is what makes roads like 129 (The Dragon) so great... no worries about who's coming out of a driveway around the next blind corner!

Wish we had a road like this close to me! The issue with the great roads here is police, speed limits and population.

The lack of population is what makes roads like 129 (The Dragon) so great... no worries about who's coming out of a driveway around the next blind corner!

I believe some time ago I went on that road in a car.....can't remember specifically because I was a passenger then. I would LOVE to go back out there on a bike!

I believe some time ago I went on that road in a car.....can't remember specifically because I was a passenger then. I would LOVE to go back out there on a bike!

It's one of the greats but there's a ton of great roads all within that area that you could spend weeks riding. If you go, ride it during the middle of the week... weekends are WAY too busy. Save the other roads for the weekend. :D

It's phenomenal. I rode from Michigan to Asheville two years in a row to ride down there for vacation. If you've never been, it's really worth the trip! And yeah deals gap might not even be the best road there. I mean it's the most famous, and the most technical. But it's also quite busy and is patrolled by cops. All of the surrounding roads, the skyway and the parkway are all phenomenal and a lot of the roads around 129 don't have the speed limit throttled down to 30 or 35.

Back