Let's talk about a new bike... :)

You can turn an fz1 into and 8... just toss the suspension for non-adjustable forks and shock, put on the naked light kit and limit the engine by hard-wiring the sub-throttle plates at 3% opened for ever. ;)

Get the Gen II FZ1!!! :yes:
Sorry but I disagree. Though your poke at the 8 is comedy genius :nono:
You guys don't have the turn in the 8 has from stock or the down low torque.
I do realise I'm on the FZ1 site so I'm not going to get into a stone throwing match about the pitfalls of the 1 and the rewards of riding the 8 offer other than to say, how many of you feel that you have the skill or the opportunity to use 100% of that 1000cc engine?
Your bike at 1000 does nothing apart from top speed that the 8 can't do... Cheap gen 2's are second hand at the same price a 2011 brand new 8 is on the showroom floor.
That's the point.

Sorry but I disagree. Though your poke at the 8 is comedy genius :nono:
You guys don't have the turn in the 8 has from stock or the down low torque.
I do realise I'm on the FZ1 site so I'm not going to get into a stone throwing match about the pitfalls of the 1 and the rewards of riding the 8 offer other than to say, how many of you feel that you have the skill or the opportunity to use 100% of that 1000cc engine?
Your bike at 1000 does nothing apart from top speed that the 8 can't do... Cheap gen 2's are second hand at the same price a 2011 brand new 8 is on the showroom floor.
That's the point.

You can buy an 8 for $4,000?

It is so much more that top speed Grasshopper. Go ride an FZ1, then we'll chat.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

Low down torque?
I've ridden both bikes and the FZ8 was much weaker than an FZ1 in the bottom end and midrange.
It had a decent top end though and had fairly light steering too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

It seems like the advantage of faster turn in on the FZ8 is one of the big arguments towards it. That kind of thing could easily be found with the suspension adjustment range of the stock FZ1 though--couldn't it?

The lower end torque advantage is minimal at best, I'm sure. The FZ8 motor is derived from the same powerplant so it's not like it will suddenly have the torque of a twin because of a few minor changes

Last edited:
Gen2 or go home.

Maybe you would look cute on a Ninja 250 dustin? No?

:starwars:

Hahaha I missed this at first. You cheeky bugger but I already had a CBR125R which is about as cute as they get. I will post a cute photo of a cute guy on a cute bike and you'll die of cuteness

Last edited:
You can buy an 8 for $4,000?

It is so much more that top speed Grasshopper. Go ride an FZ1, then we'll chat.
Grasshopper hey...Hmmm. Why is it that you assume I've not ridden an FZ1?
Don't answer though, more condescending shit from you isn't necessary.
I realise I'm not on a thousand so I'll keep my suggestions and opinions to myself.

OP, by an FZ1... It'll be so much more than top end!

I appreciate your feedback and I don't think we need any tussling in this thread. I can see what you are saying but I believe the FZ1 is a better machine overall and for less money on the used market.

If the FZ8 is really as cheap as you say, I will consider it more strongly though!

I still want to ride an FZ8.. heard they do pretty well with mods. Just wish they had made the bike atleast 30 pounds lighter like the street triple it competes with. It will easily stomp the street then....

Ducati =Over priced bike plus over priced servicing unless you can do your own.
Fz gen II = Great price for what you get and servicing is easy and If you do your own even better. From memory the valves only need checking every 25000 miles how good is that!

Ducati =Over priced bike plus over priced servicing unless you can do your own.

Is that from personal experience? Interested in your feedback if so :)

The interwebs is saying the Multistrada 1100 is pretty solid and like Johnny said, 15,000 mile service intervals. Anything contrary to that is interesting :)

Last edited:
IMO Ducati are beautiful to look at and that is exactly where it stops. High maintenance and very expensive to do anything with them.

You could have SO much more bike for the money going Jap.

GEN 2 OR GTFO!

:p

Back