Let's talk about a new bike... :)

I think besides the Versys and possibly the Multi, I might shy away from those adventure bikes. They are usually massive and a bit too upright for me as I do enjoy more of the streetfighter stance and the compactness of a naked.

I won't rule anything out, though. There is a Multi 1100 locally at a dealer and I will go check it out tomorrow to see how it fits

I found this one on my local CL:
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/mcy/2972698147.html

Last edited:
check it out :unworthy:

pic1.jpg

I just noticed that you do not have an FZ1. Have you thought about one of those? The street triple is a cool bike. Plenty fast. I don't really know about the long term outlook for the dealer network.

I like having swapable windscreens on the FZ1. A little taller for winter, real short for summer. Both are shorter than the stock shield. Some of the bikes mentioned do not have that as an easy option.

Beast

I have all summer to think about it so yours will be sold by then. :)

I have several big road trips planned with the SV so who knows what the future holds

Excellent, so an import would be a cinch.

Went to a Yamaha demo day today with my best friend and he tried the FZ1 and the FZ8. He really liked the FZ1 so I think we may have another convert. :)

I'm really leaning towards a gen 2 just because of how fast, reliable and inexpensive it is. Hmmm :)

Last edited:
I have browsed that board before but I just find there's too much there--information diarrhea.

Plus I don't trust them like trust you guys ;)

Here's a question for you gen 2 guys: Does the instrumentation switch to metric? Does it stay that way?

It sure does switch. I was messing with my trip A and trip B mileage one day and it turns out when you hold one of the buttons down, it will switches from mph to kph. I'm glad I had my helmet shield down when I glanced at the speedo and saw triple digits or my eyes may have fallen out on the road! :eek5:

I hated the way my Gen 1 looked but it was great to ride. I agree though, the Gen 2 is a great looking bike, especially a naked one like yours. :)

I sort of hate the attention that sexy bikes get from people, especially annoying bumper humper girls that are always asking for rides. :tdown:

Maybe I shouldn't own two sexy bikes, one draws enough attention already. Multistrada won't attract any girls I bet! :sinister:

Thanks to you guys, I seem to have narrowed the list down to three:

Gen 2 FZ1
Honda 919
Multistrada 1100

I haven't ridden a Multi yet and I think I should. What really draws me in is the factory Ohlins and Brembo components. I do like the fact it's a big twin, has a huge fuel tank and excellent mileage. Being an ugly fucker does appeal to me as well.

The other two are no-brainers as far as I'm concerned. Both the FZ1 and the 919 are sexy and both built well--how could I go wrong?

Last edited:
I've ridden a couple Multistradas. Nice, but different. Doesn't handle as well in corners felt more "awkward", although the suspension was amazing. It is the rage right now, but for me just a fad.

Back