Led indicators gen 2, help...

Hello

I can't find anything on the Internet, so I found this forum and thought why not give it a shot..

Last summer i changed my sv1000s into a 2010 fz1-n, which was completely stock except the license plate holder. Immediately after buying it I changed exhaust and mirrors into something more suitable, and now the time has come to change those Mickey Mouse OEM indicators into some neat rizoma LEDs. I actually bought them already and thought how hard can it be, but i must admit i proved myself wrong. Especially the rear ones are giving me a headache, I'm really confused on how I can reach those wires and connectors under the passenger seat, as the wires from the rear indicators aren't accessible. What do I gotta do?

The front end I didn't have a look at yet, but I'm guessing it's all hidden behind the head light, shouldn't be too difficult. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The relay I've heard is under the seat, so I tried to remove that, but its not fastened the same way as on my old sv, which was held on with screws. I tried to peak under the edges of the seat, but I can't see sh*t there. Is the seat just meant to be pulled off without removing screws or what??

I'm not going with resistors.

Hope someone can help me out! Cheers

The rear pillion seat is removed, you shouldn't need to remove the rider seat, but there is a lever under the pillion to do that. Find the leads for the indicators and then unplug them and tape some string or cord to them and gently pull them through to the outside of the bike. You can then use the string to pull the new cables back up under the seat. That's how I got my new leads in. If you aren't going to use a resistor, you will need a flasher relay to relplace the existing one. otherwise the LEDs will blink super fast.

I also used some bullet to Yamaha adapter leads so that I didn't need to cut any wires.

Back