Latest pics of my FZ1N

Cutting pipe - DON'T cut TOO much!

Thanks mate, here is the link where I got the idea from:
ShortenAK just follow the instructions.
It's not that difficult, I used a 1mm disk on a 115mm angle grinder and it worked a treat.
It's definitely louder (and deeper) but not offensively so. I need to take the bike out for a proper spin first to really get an idea of how loud it is.

When cutting the pipe, just be aware that you change the "tune" the builder has built into it for that bike. A little short like done in this thread is perfect, no real difference, but trying to go Moto GP and thinking shorter is better :( will cause a loss in power somewhere long the power range. Not alot, but it's there. Just depends on what you want. :)

Did you have any problems installing the mirrors? I have some CRG mirrors and can only use the clutch side. When I tried to install the throttle side mirror it seemed to make the throttle stick. Any suggestions? Did you have to change your bar ends to make them work or were you able to use the stock Yamaha bar ends?

thanks,

al

I bought Rhinomoto bar ends which are custom made to fit CRG mirrors.
They aren't cheap at $60 odd dollars but they work perfectly and the end is made out of plastic that can be replaced after an off.
I have seen others machine down the stock bar ends which also works quite well if you want to go that way.

Wish my 08 tail looked that tidy.

Nice bike mate.

Thanks mate

Here are a couple of pics from today. I went for a ride to Gerringong and the weather was a perfect 26 degrees celcius. Sorry to our Northern hemisphere brothers ;)

Geringong.jpg

GraveyardFZ1.jpg

Last edited:
Bike looks great, Ballmead! As does the weather. Have you given any thought to removing the flaming red and yellow Akrapovic sticker that looks so out of place.

Dave

Last edited:
Here are the latest pics of my FZ1N taken today after a ride to Wollongong.
This will pretty much be it for now. I've modded it about as far as I want to go and the bike rips now and is so much fun to ride.
Check my signature for most of what I've done.
I have a new set of Barracuda Street mirrors and a Yamaha seat cowl as seen in the last picture below:

FZ11-1.jpg

FZ12-1.jpg

FZ13-1.jpg

FZ14-1.jpg

Ballmead,

Thank God we finally got a decent day for a ride!!

Your bike looks very nice. Those Baracuda mirrors look nice and solid......what made you ditch the barend mirrors?

PK

Ballmead,

Thank God we finally got a decent day for a ride!!

Your bike looks very nice. Those Baracuda mirrors look nice and solid......what made you ditch the barend mirrors?

PK

Nice day but there was heaps of run off water all through the National Park so it was a little slower than usual.
I still have the Arrow bar End mirrors buy I like the look of the Barracuda mirrors and they were pretty cheap so I thought I'd give them a try.
Was that you up at Stanwell Tops around 11 am?
I saw and was followed by a stock white Gen II FZ1N.

Disagree, i love the gold-forks. It makes it look more trick as the standard FZ1n has black forks. I did the R1 swap and went with gold and ditched the black.

Looks awesome CorrectionsK9. My two favourite FZ1 colour schemes are your Retro scheme and the yellow and black Bee scheme.

Thanks for the pics but how do you go without a chain guard? I would think a lot of crap would get thrown up.

Back