Knox air vest

On the Adventure Rider forum Knox is way down the line in popularity. This is not to say their product is not good quality, but when compared to other brands they seem to lose out, maybe due to different criteria for dual sport riding. Names like High Velocity, Alpinestar, Acerbis, Leatt, SixSixone, Rockgardn, Thor, and Fox come up more often. Dainese of course but they are big money. The Wave Pro V pressure suit is what I would like to get over the Thor that I currently have because of the far superior protection in the back, chest plate and rib (under the arms) that most other suits don't have. I up graded the armor in the RC-1 Alpinestar 2 piece suit, by installing the optional hard plates in the chest in place of the foam ones, The same as the back protection.

You have one of the best back protectors out there en-route to you, now you just need a chest plate.

I dunno, I'm a huge Knox fan, just because it isn't the most popular doesn't mean it is any good, hell look at off of the people how like pop music! I've looked at a variety of armor and I think Knox is one of the best. I've got the Aegis BP and CP for the track, and Knox in my Rev'It clothing.

My Dainese is very nice too, but Knox is as good or better.

I don't visit ADV Rider so I can't comment.

I dunno, I'm a huge Knox fan, just because it isn't the most popular doesn't mean it is any good, hell look at off of the people how like pop music! I've looked at a variety of armor and I think Knox is one of the best. I've got the Aegis BP and CP for the track, and Knox in my Rev'It clothing.

My Dainese is very nice too, but Knox is as good or better.

I don't visit ADV Rider so I can't comment.

Don't get me wrong,I didn't say Knox wasn't good, just not popular, Maybe price, I don't know, but up here no one carries it, so that doesn't help. Dainese isn't popular either, because it is so expensive. The suit I want is $490.00. By comparison my Thor is $150.00 and as yet untested.

http://youtu.be/TBYONGzaa7c

Last edited:
Some of these things I've seen on sportbiketrackgear.......they are a good company. I've dealt with them before and they go out of their way to help you. Located outside Detroit MI I believe...

Motorcycle Body Armor | Sportbiketrackgear.com

Dainese Thorax Pro Chest Protector from SportbikeTrackGear.com

This looks like it would work with the Wave3 back protector. The site has a great selection of Armor that I have never seen before. Good customer service is a rare thing and great when you can find a place that has it.

Back