Kidding me?

:tdown: leaving work. pull into parking lot at job shack. 2 miles an hr. heard noise an tap front break. front end wash! Didnt go down CLOSE!. tore my rotator cuff in left shoulder!!!! AHHH yes MRI coming. never ends!

I just pulled a groin muscle trying to halt the bike as the kickstand wasn't fully deployed. At least I know now that the frame sliders do something. Only a scuff on the mirror and slider. Oh, and a limping rider.

Even after 40+ years of riding I can still pull off a rookie mistake.: oops:

My first Fz1 crash almost happened while leaving from a stop sign when I was tired. Killed the bike just about went over.. you never know sucks sorry about the shoulder..

Almost dropped it on the right side today getting it off the centerstand after gassing up on the left... I was standing on a slightly higher point than on-level with the bike. :p

Almost dropped mine in front of Starbucks, sloped parking lot...took about 5 solid minutes of grunting and chanting "I'll be damned if I drop it here" before I picked it all the way up :D

Am I the only a-hole that crashed my Fz1 flying around and running off the road?

Good thing that was 10k miles ago and I've never looked back.

:chat: Yep my bud said alot of crashes happen in slow cases. i didnt do down but it cost me my shoulder cuff. i was screaming ! not just for help but i could feel my shoulder tearing. i can move my arm alittle better today. but i know its screwed.

I damaged my rotator cuff last year in the gym. It absolutely knackers, so my heart goes out to you bud, and I wish you a speedy recovery.
Funnily enough, the only offs I've had on and off road have all been at a walking pace!
My dads the same, 40+ Years of riding superbikes, and he fell off his mates 125 when test riding it in a car park! Broke 2 ribs, and damaged his elbow. :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Yea, some of us (me) drop it while not even being on it or close to it, sigh! Damn improper trailer tie down procedure SMMFH. Now I use CGU-1B cargo straps. It ain't going nowhere now lol

My sympathy, fz1blazeman. My latest episode occured a few months ago in ultra-slow motion as I was trying to lower my side stand while simultaneously leaning the bike over to the left. My left shoe missed the side stand and by then it was too late to recover. I was almost laughing as I strained every single fibre of my seriously under-excercised body to soften the blow, but it was -of course- completely in vain. Still cringe when I think about it.

Am I the only a-hole that crashed my Fz1 flying around and running off the road?

Good thing that was 10k miles ago and I've never looked back.

Nope!!
2011-08-13_20-45-57_632.jpg

I take slow-speed training at least once a year. MSF ARC and Ride Like a Pro are two good programs. If anyone has any other recommendations, I'd like to add them to my list.

I usually do the training with a group of friends, some of who participated and some who didn't. I try to throw in an "unplanned" U-Turn as a real-world test. Does that make me a bad person, or am I helping people keep their skills sharp? :teeter:

I believe I can top everyone else's claim, as far as embarrasment goes. I was in the parking lot of the resort at the "Tail of the Dragon". Decided to ride around the parking lot to look at all the motorcycles. Spotted another FZ1, and was looking back at it. Started to turn around slowly, not realizing that the lot sloped so much. Started over, hit the brakes, and was almost able to catch it, but the weight was too much, an I slowly lowered the bike to the ground. It popped the right turn signal out of its socket in the fiberglass and scratched the mirror. But no worries, because my right boot was caught under the bike, preventing more damage. A couple of guys came over to help lift the bike up.

The event could not have been in a more perfect location - WITHIN 50 FEET OF THE "TREE OF SHAME". How embarrasing. Was not hurt, but being almost 1,000 miles from home, it made me have to go back inside and just sit for a while. My previous bike had a much sharper turning radius, but the FZ1 hits the locks pretty early. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

That's not as bad as me lowering the side stand while parking the bike facing down a slight incline in the parking lot. Let go of the brake just before the stand hits ground, bike rolls a little and the next thing I know is that I'm trying to keep the bike from hitting the ground. Failed. So now I have a pulled hamstring muscle and lift the bike back up and over to the right, can't hold it due to the pulled muscle and she goes over on the right side. :spank2:

End result, two slightly scuffed mirror edges, cracked fairing at the turn signal which has a scratch, scuffed exhaust heat sheild, a small dent on the tank top (where my knee hit it on the first fall) and two gently scuffed frame sliders. :banghead:

Now how's that for feeling stupid. The only saving grace was that no one saw me do it.

Back