Kidding me?

:chat: Yep my bud said alot of crashes happen in slow cases. i didnt do down but it cost me my shoulder cuff. i was screaming ! not just for help but i could feel my shoulder tearing. i can move my arm alittle better today. but i know its screwed.

I've have a similar injury. I use to have a Vstrom that had Givi top and side cases that I had filled to capacity. While on tour in the rain decided to stop and take a break and pulled off the highway into a rest area. As I was slowing down to a stop my foot rolled on some pebbles on the pavement and over the bike went. I was so angry at myself that I immediately grabbed the bike and heaved it back up. A fully loaded Vstrom is very top heavy. I ended up tearing my right bicep pull. Ten years later I was feeling slight pain in my right shoulder and the doctor sent me for an MRI. They found that my bicep tendon that goes all the way up into the shoulder joint has a tear and my cartridge is cracked. They won't do anything for it because it has very little effect on my movement and isn't affecting my mobility.

Last edited:
I once pulled over to the side of the road, put the kickstand down and started getting off the bike. As I stepped off the bike, it rolled forward and up came the kickstand. Any attempts to stop the bike failed as my legs just decided they didn't want to work and I fell on my ass in the middle of the road. My girlfriend and my best friend were sitting on their bikes and watched the whole thing. We all pee'd our pants laughing.

I've never been the kind of person to strain my body to try and stop a bike falling over. I always just let it fall and pick it up afterwards. Poor fz1blazeman's shoulder is exactly why I do! It's just a bunch of plastic and metal, let it fall ;)

I once pulled over to the side of the road, put the kickstand down and started getting off the bike. As I stepped off the bike, it rolled forward and up came the kickstand. Any attempts to stop the bike failed as my legs just decided they didn't want to work and I fell on my ass in the middle of the road. My girlfriend and my best friend were sitting on their bikes and watched the whole thing. We all pee'd our pants laughing.

I've never been the kind of person to strain my body to try and stop a bike falling over. I always just let it fall and pick it up afterwards. Poor fz1blazeman's shoulder is exactly why I do! It's just a bunch of plastic and metal, let it fall ;)

Yep, same thing happened to me except I pulled a left hamstring, bruised my butt and right knee where it put a small dent in the tank. That was two weeks ago, the leg is fine now abd all is fixed on the bike except the dent.

Back