Just saying...................

Being from Texas and a Mustang fan, I'll bet you know the name Mike Murillo.........there's a ton of badass " street cars " running around that he's had his hands on.

I do!
I read about him in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords. That guy knows what he is doing and makes some powerful cars.
Hey CC - do after market turbos have a speed limiter on them?

Last edited:
"Street cars just don't run in the 10's, let alone high 9's ......" well, that depends on your definition of a " street car ". I drove my mustang on the streets, not very often but to cruise ins, shows, etc. up until it was running in the 8.70 - 8.80 range @ 155 - 160 mph in the 1/4. Totally street legal, - mufflers, dot tires, lites, t-signals, plates ( although the parachute blocked most of the rear plate LOL ) even power windows.
BUT...........like I said above, on the street its VERY difficult to keep a car like that hooked up and under control which will give the bike ( keep in mind we're talking an FZ-1, NOT a Virago LOL ) a distinct advantage.

Totally agree.
This is where Alaska and I differ. I am not talking 1/4 mile time. We started racing around 70 to 80 mph and that car took off like a rocket!!! I mean it was fast. I was already in 6th gear and all I could do was twist the throttle. I have no idea what would have happened at top end. I really don't know what Mustang had under his hood.....I was guessing.
Acceleration, Launch time, torque and weight are very significant but when you start getting up around 130 mph - some cars have very good aerodynamics that allow them to cut through the air faster than a bike with a half fairing. Not to mention the tremendous horse power that some cars crank out. That was what I was trying to explain to Alaska.

Last edited:
I do!
I read about him in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords. That guy knows what he is doing and makes some powerful cars.
Hey CC - do after market turbos have a speed limiter on them?

Ya, Mike really knows his stuff. I raced with him back in day when the NMRA was just getting started. He is much more serious about the racing game and where he's at now compared to me shows that. His twin turbo fox coupe is in the 6's at over 200 now on a 10.5w
You've probably heard of ASSC racing, they ran a Pro 5.0 car for years, he is my tuning genious / mad scientist that helps me out with my racecar. We've been involved with alot of insane " street cars " around here and he actually has guys from all over the country have him do work for them - lots of super high dollar stuff, vettes, vipers, mustangs etc. He did a guys 2003 cobra with twin turbos/ big stuff that made over 1100 hp at the tires and he drove it home from the chassis dyno.
Badass car, but try to give it much throttle AND keep it on the road - GOOD LUCK! It's really ridiculous.

As far as the speed limiter goes, the turbos have nothing to do with that, the speed limiters are in the factory computer/ecu mapping that can be over ridden by re-tuning/re-mapping the parameters in the factory ecu or going with a stand alone / aftermarket EFI such as a FAST or Big Stuff.

I was so close to either putting a twin turbo 408 in my fox, or getting back into the bike scene.. Yeah. Quite obvious what I decided on.

Just can't beat the cheap fun a bike provides. Cars take a ton more money to get even close to what a bike does from the factory.

I was so close to either putting a twin turbo 408 in my fox, or getting back into the bike scene.. Yeah. Quite obvious what I decided on.

Just can't beat the cheap fun a bike provides. Cars take a ton more money to get even close to what a bike does from the factory.

Put a turbo on your bike so u can have the best of both worlds ;)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Back