Just saying...................

Motor Trend said:
2011 Mustang GT 0-60 and 1/4 Mile

0-60 mph: 4.4 sec
1/4 mile: 12.7 sec at 111.3 mph

Mr. Mustang doesn't have a hope in hell vs the FZ1 :D

Still, that's a hell of a fast car for not a lot of money! I wonder how it drives...

Yep. You can add a whole lot of cars to that list. I smoked a good half dozen decent ones in Florida. And I'm not that good.

Nice
I have had a few like that.I have also had a few the other way round on my 14 even.
Its awesome when a car pulls away from you when your on your bike giving it all she has.

At some point I would expect the car to be able to pass an FZ1, be interesting to figure if and when that would be.....:nerd:

Yea, for sure. Some of those cars, from what I've heard, have top speeds close to 200. They also keep pulling hard from 100 on up where the FZ1 starts inching up from 135 or so on; at least in my 2 runs where I tested its top speed. Well I mean, someone I know tested its top speed, lol.

At some point I would expect the car to be able to pass an FZ1, be interesting to figure if and when that would be.....:nerd:

It gets close around top speed.
I raced a VERY modified 2011 Mustang about a year ago. It had a 2 inch cowl hood and the exhaust literally growled!!! It was an awesome car. It was purple with Texas Plate "Xplode" in case anyone knows this guy.
We were racing on hwy 71 going from Austin to Marble Falls. We kept hitting the traffic in front of us and we had to maneuver through all the other cars. It was a lot of fun. ;)
We got up to around 130 - 140mph pretty consistently. I'm sure that both vehicles had more but we actually drove into a rain storm. LOL That was it for me. I love to race but not on 2 wheels in the rain. LOL He slowed down to taunt me but I wasn't biting. I did the best I could to explain that it was raining and I didn't want any part of that. He sped off and I was stuck in the rain :shaking head:
Anyway - yes - toward top speed the car does have an advantage. During acceleration - not so much. I do have to say that this Mustang was one of the fastest cars that I have ever raced and his acceleration was much faster than most cars (I'm betting he had a turbo under the hood).

cars vs. bikes.................

this is usually a pretty simple power to weight ratio thing. Most " street cars " wont stand a chance against a muscle/sport bike, at least not if the rider is decent.
It also depends on how the race goes, standing start, roll on at 50, or maybe 90 or ???
A 1000 hp street car is alot of fun, but is also practically useless if it wont hook up all that power. When the car can cruise along at 80 mph , mat the gas and blow the tires off, it makes it difficult to win races LOL. By the time the car hooks, the bike is long gone.
In a real street environment, the bike has alot of advantages.

Supercharged mustang cobras have 155 mph speed limiters, they will never out run your Fz1. Acceleration isn't even a factor. To get close to 1/4 mile bike performance you would have to be driving a Bugatti. Some cars don't have top end speed limiters(vetts) ect. But by the time from a stand still they even approach top speeds you are LONG gone on a bike. Street cars just don't run in the 10's, let alone in the high 9's that some modern sportbikes are capable of. I just looked it up btw a Bugatti Veyon runs a 10.8 sec 1/4 mile..thats a slug in the bike world. Plus, who's going to rally their 2.6 million dollar car? ...Popular mechanics clocks a 2010 mustang gt at a blistering 13.9 sec 1/4 mile. Bleh.

Supercharged mustang cobras have 155 mph speed limiters, they will never out run your Fz1. Acceleration isn't even a factor. To get close to 1/4 mile bike performance you would have to be driving a Bugatti. Some cars don't have top end speed limiters(vetts) ect. But by the time from a stand still they even approach top speeds you are LONG gone on a bike. Street cars just don't run in the 10's, let alone in the high 9's that some modern sportbikes are capable of. I just looked it up btw a Bugatti Veyon runs a 10.8 sec 1/4 mile..thats a slug in the bike world. Plus, who's going to rally their 2.6 million dollar car? ...Popular mechanics clocks a 2010 mustang gt at a blistering 13.9 sec 1/4 mile. Bleh.

I didn't race a cobra. This stuff had been added on after market. IDK - he may have hit a 155mph limit - I don't know if limiters are on after market turbos. - we didn't get going that fast but I can't imagine someone putting an after market item that has a limiter on it. That seems kind of dumb. Who would buy a racing product that only lets you go so fast?
We also did NOT start from a stand still.
I heard (not saw) this Mustang coming up behind me and I was cruising at about 70mph in a 60mph zone. I was just about to catch up the traffic ahead of me so I decided to do what some people might consider an aggressive move :) and I shot out in front of the Mustang and whipped around the 2 cars ahead of me, then quickly went back into the right hand lane. It was one fluid movement. LOL I knew that Mustang would think that I was challenging him. I really wasn't but I didn't want to slow down due to traffic either. It was on from there. So we started racing at about 70 to 80mph. When I went back into the right hand lane - he nailed it - and took off like a rocket!!
I'm not quite sure why you quoted a 1/4 time for a stock Mustang but I will state again, I did not race a stock Mustang and we were not racing the quarter mile. This car was a heavily modified car. Although I don't think it cost 2.6 million dollars. LOL In fact I kind of crack up when I have a real life experience and then someone tries to argue with me because they Google some statistics. LOL Well I have no idea what the trap times are for an after market turbo charged Mustang and I don't really care to match links with you. However, I was there - so I saw it. This car was badass!!!
Anyway - my main point is that cars start to close in on motorcycles as they get closer to top speed.
If you were talking to both the TS and me: IDK - I don't think there is anything wrong with bragging about smoking a Mustang. I kind of enjoy doing it....and I just finished restoring an 89 GT.

Last edited:

"Street cars just don't run in the 10's, let alone high 9's ......" well, that depends on your definition of a " street car ". I drove my mustang on the streets, not very often but to cruise ins, shows, etc. up until it was running in the 8.70 - 8.80 range @ 155 - 160 mph in the 1/4. Totally street legal, - mufflers, dot tires, lites, t-signals, plates ( although the parachute blocked most of the rear plate LOL ) even power windows.
BUT...........like I said above, on the street its VERY difficult to keep a car like that hooked up and under control which will give the bike ( keep in mind we're talking an FZ-1, NOT a Virago LOL ) a distinct advantage.

I didn't race a cobra. This stuff had been added on after market. IDK - he may have hit a 155mph limit - I don't know if limiters are on after market turbos. - we didn't get going that fast but I can't imagine someone putting an after market item that has a limiter on it. That seems kind of dumb. Who would buy a racing product that only lets you go so fast?
We also did NOT start from a stand still.
I heard (not saw) this Mustang coming up behind me and I was cruising at about 70mph in a 60mph zone. I was just about to catch up the traffic ahead of me so I decided to do what some people might consider an aggressive move :) and I shot out in front of the Mustang and whipped around the 2 cars ahead of me, then quickly went back into the right hand lane. It was one fluid movement. LOL I knew that Mustang would think that I was challenging him. I really wasn't but I didn't want to slow down due to traffic either. It was on from there. So we started racing at about 70 to 80mph. When I went back into the right hand lane - he nailed it - and took off like a rocket!!
I'm not quite sure why you quoted a 1/4 time for a stock Mustang but I will state again, I did not race a stock Mustang and we were not racing the quarter mile. This car was a heavily modified car. Although I don't think it cost 2.6 million dollars. LOL In fact I kind of crack up when I have a real life experience and then someone tries to argue with me because they Google some statistics. LOL Well I have no idea what the trap times are for an after market turbo charged Mustang and I don't really care to match links with you. However, I was there - so I saw it. This car was badass!!!
Anyway - my main point is that cars start to close in on motorcycles as they get closer to top speed.
If you were talking to both the TS and me: IDK - I don't think there is anything wrong with bragging about smoking a Mustang. I kind of enjoy doing it....and I just finished restoring an 89 GT.

Being from Texas and a Mustang fan, I'll bet you know the name Mike Murillo.........there's a ton of badass " street cars " running around that he's had his hands on.

Back