just about tire time again

ever since straying from myAvons last season and trying the Conti RA2's which worked awesome but got poor mileage and they were really expensive I am now on BT016's with 1600 miles on them and one track day I am completely satisfied with grip,turn in and stabilty but there are so many others out there to try the price on the Stones is good about 240 for a set delivered but I would never expect to get more than 2500 miles out of them

I have PR3's also, but I only have about 1000 miles on them, so I can say they grip fine for me, and I expect good wear, but I don't know yet.

Might want to look at the Dunlop Sportmax Q2's. My bike came with the Sportmax Q1's and I love how they stick in the corners. Not sure how long they last mileage wise but I'm considering going to the Q2's when mine are done (for the very reason you specify).

Given your style of riding, you will be replacing tires a lot more often than most. Because of your style, you want/need sticky performance tires and must sacrifice longevity/wear for sticky cornering. How about a dual compound like the Pilot Pure? Check out their profile on the Michelin site. You'll get decent wear when not in the corners but good stickiness when leaned all the way over.

BT016's are the best bang for the buck for our riding styles that I have expierenced so far. Not saying there aren't better choices but the 16's do so well I haven't seen a need try anything else.

Might want to look at the Dunlop Sportmax Q2's. My bike came with the Sportmax Q1's and I love how they stick in the corners. Not sure how long they last mileage wise but I'm considering going to the Q2's when mine are done (for the very reason you specify).

These tyres are sticky as hell but the centre doesn't last too long.

They seem to be more suited to track bikes as there isn't a lot of rubber along the centre.

BT016's are the best bang for the buck for our riding styles that I have expierenced so far. Not saying there aren't better choices but the 16's do so well I haven't seen a need try anything else.

after looking around at about 240 delivered they are a good deal.Cycle Gear has Pirelli Diablo's 199 for a set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back