Jus got rear ended

Prongomatic

So I had the green arrow and was turning onto a one lane road. An old lady made an illegal turn and merged into my lane next to me. I couldn't accelerate because of the car in front of me. She then got behind me and hit me. She then took off! I has to tell her 3 times to pull over. She then refused to give me her Insurance info
The tire took most of the energy but she gouged it and killed my exhaust. The police sited her and let her go. I guess if your 83 you can take off from the scene. Luckily I wasn't bucked off.
After my insurance takes a look what else should I look for when repairing my bike? I'm assuming a new exhaust and rear tire. But so far the rim seems straight.

Last edited:
So I had the green arrow and was turning onto a one lane road. An old lady made an illegal turn and merged into my lane next to me. I couldn't accelerate because of the car in front of me. She then got behind me and hit me. She then took off! I has to tell her 3 times to pull over. She then refused to give me her Insurance info
The tire took most of the energy but she gouged it and killed my exhaust. The police sited her and let her go. I guess if your 83 you can take off from the scene. Luckily I wasn't bucked off.
After my insurance takes a look what else should I look for when repairing my bike? I'm assuming a new exhaust and rear tire. But so far the rim seems straight.

You didn't call the police? Man that sucks!

You didn't call the police? Man that sucks!

He says the police sited her and let her go.. so I assume he did...?

They get her insurance so you can bill HERS? Get a copy of the police report too if you have not for the insurance company proving her at fault. Kinda hard to back up a motorcycle into someone and do that yourself though haha.

Glad you are ok and was not worse.

Oh I called the police. They wrote her a $300 ticket for making an illegal turn. But not for attempting to flee. Jus waiting for my insurance company to work it out.

I would check to make sure your axle didn't move, you didn't strip out the axle alignment screws and the bearings in the swing arm and wheel.

Might be a little overkill, but I rather be safe then sorry.;)

Glad you are alright

I hope this doesn't affect your upcoming road trip :(
But this could have been worse than just having to replace a tire and an exhaust. :tup:
Hope they don't find anything seriously wrong with the bike

Thanks Lytehouse
Yes it looks like the trip next week is on hold :-/
Hopefully the red tape with the insurance company won't hold be back for too long.
Luckily I still have the OEM exhaust. I need to get the rear tire/end checked before I can leave.

So sorry to hear bud, but so happy that you came out unhurt. I have nothing against the "older" crowd, but I think it's time for state governments to step in and require testing for any driver over a certain age! You fail, you take the bus, period!! I for one am positive that when I feel I'm endangering myself and others on the road due to my age, that I'll be perfectly okay "hanging it up". Some people just don't see the harm that they may cause.

Hey YZF..
Thanks brother. I concur. Accidents do happen but some ppl just don't belong on the road. I've seen other posts on here to where some riders have been hurt and their bikes totalled. So compared to them I'm very very lucky:)

Ask for the FULL incident report, the insurance companies will want it, and you need it.

This sucks about your bike, and right before your trip...at least she didn't damage you, far more important.

Thanks Lytehouse
Yes it looks like the trip next week is on hold :-/
Hopefully the red tape with the insurance company won't hold be back for too long.
Luckily I still have the OEM exhaust. I need to get the rear tire/end checked before I can leave.

That sucks.....but at least she got a ticket. I was "bumped" (in my car) by an elderly lady and since there were no witnesses (except my daughter), the police did not ticket her....so I was pretty much :
attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis!

I was "lucky" in that an off-duty sheriff and an EMT witnessed the entire deal. Arriving cop sited her on the spot, and took her away.

glad your ok thank god she didnt run you over and leave make sure you check your swingarm bearings also once again your ok thats all that really matters

Sorry to hear about your wreck - thank goodness you walked away.

Your exhaust may live again......if you decide to cut it. I don't know if you will get anything for your pipe from your insurance - depending on your deductible. However - a lot of guys have had luck cutting their pipes and re-attaching the end. It might be worth a try before you decide to plop down a chunk of cash for a new exhaust.

Here is a step by step write up of how to do it.

DIY - Stubby your Exhaust. Not 56K Friendly. - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

I would also have them check out the swing arm, its attachment, the wheel, wheel bearings. Force is a tricky thing and it has to be displaced somewhere when two bodies collide. Hopefully it was all in the tire and the exhaust but best to check out everything attached to those 2 things to be sure.

Oh I called the police. They wrote her a $300 ticket for making an illegal turn. But not for attempting to flee. Jus waiting for my insurance company to work it out.

I am sorry but that is not cool, not cool at all. If it had been a younger more competent driver they would of done a bit more than write a ticket. Hit and Runs are no joke, and allowing an older person who may or may no longer have the skills and responsiveness required to operate a motor vehicle to just go about and possibly do something worse is a crime IMO. You should report that Police officer, that is ridiculous.

I am glad you are okay.

Back