Jacket Question

Hey guys/gals I am looking for a leather vented jacket. Problem is I don't see any that say it's has reflective strip in the back. I'm in the Military but don't want to get a full MIL-SPEC jacket but want one that has the reflective piping in the back / arms etc. Maybe they all come like that since my Cortech mesh has it. I'm just scared to buy online just to see it has no reflective piping in the back, then have to put on the dummy orange vest as rqd by the Army. Your help is appreciated.

I don't know of any, but you definitely need to do your homework. I actually think that vey few (if any) leather jackets include any reflective material on it from what I have seen. Don't forget that the reflective strips are usually some sort of fabric so they're easily incorporated into textile jackets, but not leather.

Last edited:
I've always just thrown on the mil spec jacket over my castle jacket. Easy to put on and take off as soon as I leave the base.

Check out Revit Jackets. I have a textile one and it has big reflective stripes on the back, front and sleeves. They also do leather jackets, but I have not looked at them.

REV'IT! - Homepage

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

I have only good things to say about my jacket's quality and funtionality.

I don't know of any, but you definitely need to do your homework. I actually think that vey few (if any) leather jackets include any reflective material on it from what I have seen. Don't forget that the reflective strips are usually some sort of fabric so they're easily incorporated into textile jackets, but not leather.

Good point about the Fabric being reflective. Thanks

Check out Revit Jackets. I have a textile one and it has big reflective stripes on the back, front and sleeves. They also do leather jackets, but I have not looked at them.

REV'IT! - Homepage

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

I have only good things to say about my jacket's quality and funtionality.

Thanks Oldschool, I'll take a look at them. Why is it so hard to look good and be safe at the same time? I guess if i had to choose, I'd be looking good j/k lol

Thanks Oldschool, I'll take a look at them. Why is it so hard to look good and be safe at the same time? I guess if i had to choose, I'd be looking good j/k lol

The pictured Jacket is for my Dual sport, and it is not sexy in any way, but it works. It does make the BMW riders turn their heads, but they're strange.:disturbed When I ride the FZ I wear my Alpinestar RC-1 (all black) that does look good. I just wanted to show you the reflective stripes. The venting in the REV'IT jackets works very well to.

You could just buy some 3M reflective material (it comes in white or black) and glue it with silicone or contact cement to your jacket, just a thought.

^ Oh!! Indeed totally understand. I went to site and saw a few jackets that i can definitely do, problem is now finding a dealer so i can see the price.

I've been eyeing an nice Alpinestar jacket myself but for $549, it does however match my bright orange bike, at that price however I can just add $50 more and paint my bike again :)

Last edited:
I have the answer!!! Teknic Lightning jacket has REFLECITIVE PIPING on the back and arms, as well as the full Teknic logo reflective on the rear of their Leather!! Vented too!

I have one in my closet! I'll try to get some pics, but Teknic is a brand that often puts reflective piping and logos on even their leather products.

just confirmed....a* black label has reflective piping.

perforated and wearable around 85 and below -- riden with in in 20 degrees with nothing more than a insulated long sleeve and the liner.

I do not know if there is a requirement on how much has to be reflective....this would be marginal at best.....

just confirmed....a* black label has reflective piping.

perforated and wearable around 85 and below -- riden with in in 20 degrees with nothing more than a insulated long sleeve and the liner.

I do not know if there is a requirement on how much has to be reflective....this would be marginal at best.....

Does reflective piping alone make it military spec?

Hey guys/gals I am looking for a leather vented jacket. Problem is I don't see any that say it's has reflective strip in the back. I'm in the Military but don't want to get a full MIL-SPEC jacket but want one that has the reflective piping in the back / arms etc. Maybe they all come like that since my Cortech mesh has it. I'm just scared to buy online just to see it has no reflective piping in the back, then have to put on the dummy orange vest as rqd by the Army. Your help is appreciated.

Dude, the post CSM is going to make you wear the vest regardless of what is on your jacket, trust me. "But Sergeant Major my jacket has reflective piping." "Soldier! I don't give a rat's behind about piping! The regs state reflective vest! What about reflective vest do you not understand?!?!?" "Now move out and draw fire!"

:D
Dude, the post CSM is going to make you wear the vest regardless of what is on your jacket, trust me. "But Sergeant Major my jacket has reflective piping." "Soldier! I don't give a rat's behind about piping! The regs state reflective vest! What about reflective vest do you not understand?!?!?" "Now move out and draw fire!"

Yes I know they go crazy about it, however my post States bright colored clothing during the day and reflective at night. And that's the CG's Policy not CSM.

BTW SGM better be addressing me as sir.

probably not.....b/c when I was working down by the AFB, everyone riding was wearing the standard orange/green lit up like a x-mas tree vest....

Ur correct. MILSPEC jackets are those bright colored orange or lime green Jackets that they sell. They state MIL-SPEC on them too. Ridiculous!! While I have to abide by Military rules as far as clothing, I only have 3 1/2 yrs to retire and don't want that bright arse orange jacket to wear everyday lol

Alpinestar and Revit make a Zip over vest as well, that are a little more form fitting. Plus there was the one that Dennis posted in the News forum a day or two ago that was military specific.

Back