It Finally Happened!

I just spoke with the collision adjuster. Good news and bad news. A little over 2400 bucks is what he came up with. Thats the good news. The bad news is that it's based only if they decide the accident was their clients fault. So I'm not holding my breath.

Well the other bad news is that based on that figure and the fact that your bike is an '01 it could be enough to total the bike if they decide to pay. You would have to end up buying it back from the insurance company and it would end up with a "salvage" title.

Well the other bad news is that based on that figure and the fact that your bike is an '01 it could be enough to total the bike if they decide to pay. You would have to end up buying it back from the insurance company and it would end up with a "salvage" title.

How does that work? I could just decline the claim award, no?

How does that work? I could just decline the claim award, no?

I'm not even sure, but I guess you could. However, just wait and see what happens because at this point you don't even know if they are going to pay and you don't know if that's enough damage to "total" it, but based on the value of the bike it could be. I was just bringing it up so that you were aware of that possibility.

Back