Is this how you feel about motorcycling?

Dustin

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4FsF-vulkg]I Wanna Ride - - Demetrios and his CBR250R - YouTube[/ame]

Interested to hear your thoughts.

I don't feel as he does in the video. Motorcycling for me is a bit of an enigma maybe.

Last edited:
Saw one the other day in a Honda showroom but they were still tacking on a $500 premium for that color combo. They are pricey when compared to what you can get a leftover FZ1 for, imo. But they are cool little bikes for toodling around, way more fun than a scooter.

I don't know if I would express it the way He does, But I do enjoy my ride into work whether I ride my DRZ400, Harley Sportster or FZ1. I hate the days I have to take my cage. I usually arrive to work about 10 minutes earlier when I ride my FZ1, I think time must slow down on that bike because I never go fast... lol

Saw one the other day in a Honda showroom but they were still tacking on a $500 premium for that color combo. They are pricey when compared to what you can get a leftover FZ1 for, imo. But they are cool little bikes for toodling around, way more fun than a scooter.

I got a dealer quote on one when they were just starting to hit shops. It was like $6.5k out the door for a $4k msrp!

It's better than my old nighthawk 250, but not 5x better :) Once they're around $2k used, I'm for sure picking one up as my new daily commuter.

I Wanna Ride - - Demetrios and his CBR250R - YouTube

Interested to hear your thoughts.

I don't feel as he does in the video. Motorcycling for me is a bit of an enigma maybe.

I have ridden for 35 years, and last week I laughed out loud with the joy of 'moving through the air' at about 80mph, not fast, just felt great, like flying.

When I ride I feel peaceful, totally peaceful. It does as much for my well-being as anything I can think of, anything at all.

I can drive to work, 20 Miles, but then I am just an observer, on my bike I am part of the scenery.

There, analyse that... :sport12:

Last edited:
I love bike riding about as much as the dude in the video....but that is way too small a ride....get run over in that in Dallas....the liter bikes are not heavy; why would you choose that size motor....?....It would make a good learning bike to start out on and they will be cheap to buy second hand....Good Chick Ride

Well hey - no need to bash - it's about motorcycling regardless, and there is no need for a bigger motor unless you are trying to go faster top speed, or longer distance where comfort would be helpful, or whatever...

I would live on my bike if I had the time, and relish the same things this guy talks about, and more. I love speed and pushing my envelope too, and I would absolutely love to drag, but the riding part is what brings it home, and that can be slow or moderate.

Whatever your 'thrill' perspective, you can do it on two wheels.
:sport12:

Sounded very scripted.

That's because it was a professionally produced ad for Honda. It started off as a kind of home made video but morphed into a sales pitch by the end.... nice effort by Honda to get newbies into the fray. The market for bikes is hurting and they are trying lots of new avenues. I visited two bike shops last week and in each one there was a man asking if a license was needed to ride a moped, so people are out there looking for cheaper transportation. Some of these scooters are not cheap so a Honda 250 could be attractive for some people.

Last edited:
LOL....Pyro I am not bashing the bike, but I do agree with the scripted video part....the guy in the video obviously just got the bike and he is having a great time...etc.....in the real world you would tire of that little bike in about a month....Honda along with all the other dealers are trying to sell (NEW) bikes and having a hard time doing it.....its a rare occasion when a new bike is bought around here in Irving/Dallas area......but used bikes sell great around here....The used bikes are as good and usually better than the new ones....Where the dealers messed up was making these bikes last a lifetime and many overseas are driven a lifetime....

I love my FZ1 but if a used CBR250 came across my path at a decent price I would be all over it.

I live in a city and sometimes the fizzy is just a bit much for cobblestone streets and stop and go traffic.

I am not really keen on stepthroughs so this would be a nice addition. It ain't all about the ponies.

I love bike riding about as much as the dude in the video....but that is way too small a ride....get run over in that in Dallas....the liter bikes are not heavy; why would you choose that size motor....?....It would make a good learning bike to start out on and they will be cheap to buy second hand....Good Chick Ride

This is such a sad way to think. :banghead:

....Honda along with all the other dealers are trying to sell (NEW) bikes and having a hard time doing it.....its a rare occasion when a new bike is bought around here in Irving/Dallas area......but used bikes sell great around here....The used bikes are as good and usually better than the new ones....Where the dealers messed up was making these bikes last a lifetime and many overseas are driven a lifetime....

The sustainability of any market is constant demand for NEW product. You have to have a market for new machinery that eventually becomes used. It's not a ripoff by dealers who sell new bikes, and most used bikes are NOT as good as new ones, at least in my experience. Much of the used stuff has been abused by the previous owner or modded in a different way than the market really wants. There is a market for new bikes, but the economy today is not good so the dealers are suffering and the used bike market will be more expensive in the future since there won't be a feeder market for previously new bikes. The market dictated that bikes be more reliable, otherwise the market would never have expanded like it did. I know I would not be riding bikes if they were unreliable. The only answer to this 'problem' is a healthy economy where new bikes are attractive and affordable.

No Dustin there is nothing sad about it and keep your negative comments to yourself...my conversation is challenging and constructive; everyone here is entitled to their opinions..which generates other thoughts thus making a nice conversation thread....This is not the first time you have bashed me on this site and its getting old...

No Dustin there is nothing sad about it and keep your negative comments to yourself...my conversation is challenging and constructive; everyone here is entitled to their opinions..which generates other thoughts thus making a nice conversation thread....This is not the first time you have bashed me on this site and its getting old...

So then I am entitled to my opinion of your opinion and your opinion of my opinion of your opinion is also fine and welcome here

:D

Last edited:
I love my fz1 but I ride my nighthawk 250, which has 2/3 the squirrels and 1/8 the looks of the CBR250R almost every day to work. When you really get down to splitting lanes in city situations it's finesse that's needed, not power.

When I take my nighthawk, weaving in traffic feels like I'm riding a horse. Riding the FZ1 on the same commute feels like riding a rhinoceros. I love the FZ1 in the canyons and on the freeway, but you couldn't make me commute on it every day. 35mpg vs 70 on the cbr/nighthawk doesn't hurt either.

PS: Glad to see my hometown in the video. I have a buddy who lives like 3 blocks from where the "windy" part was filmed in balboa park, so I ride through there all the time.

Back