integrated turn signal problem

hi i was wondering if anyone could help me with a small problem. i recently just installed integrated brake light turn signals on my 01 fz1. i got a cheapo kit from china off ebay and i like it but the signals blink fast. i installed the resistors the kit came with and they still blink fast. i measured the resistance of the resistors and they are 5 ohm resistors. if anyone has installed any kit with resistors i'd like to know what resistance their resistors are cuz i'm just gonna go buy some from radio shack or something

If you buy regular 5ohm resistors, they won't be able to take the load. You should be using a relatively low resistance (between 5-20 ohms) but it also needs to be a high wattage resistor to essentially absorb the amount of current that it will incur. Wrap it in some heat shrink tubing or a pretty thick wrap of electrical tape (7-10 times around it), and find an out of the way place to put it in the undertail. Keep them away from the plastic, they will get hot.

They should look like they were built for power like this one:

When I installed my integrated LED taillight in my CBR (from motodynamics in CA), it already had built-in resistors in the harness and I just had to plug in the proper wires. The instructions did state that IF you were not using OEM front blinkers, you would then need to use additional resistors for the front. The key was that they would be blinking at the same rate (front and back). I only had to separately cut and use scotch locks for my license plate light connection (hotbodies FE). I also had a number to call them and ask a question....

Did your light come with instructions (specifically about the use of resistors) or have a number to call?

I used the led flasher relay too and it worked out great and it said on the packaging it would work with oem front signals and led tail signals or both led signals, I have led front and back and it worked great for me, great to have a plug and go fix

i think i might go with a relay cuz i don't wanna screw around with resisters that might or might not work. thanks for the info guys. i should come here for my freakin charging problem as well

5 Ohm is perfect. Sounds like you have the resistors in series instead of parallel.
In series wont do any harm but will make no difference to the flashing rate.

Use the resistors, I have always used them, they tend to warm up if you leave them on for a loooong time, but they only get warm.

Series is in line with one of the wires of the indicators (ground or supply ) ie you cut 1 wire and put the resistor in between.

Parallel (what they should be ) is across the ground and supply. Do it this way they will work. Cheap Chinese or not:flash:

Integrated back light issue

Hi There
I have also bought one of these lights from china . I wasnt too keen at first with the integrated indicators , thought they looked too small so i left the original indicators on as well so i have two flashing at the same time. More i look now though i want to get rid of them and just have the led back light. Would this be possible by installing a relay? Also the front indicators are not led .. Would i have to change those to led as well ?? Please help
Live in Wigan Lancs

Back