Integrated LED tail light from motodynamic

Rx_FZ1

I would like to share my experience with Motodynamic.com. I purchased a integrated LED tail light with flashing stop for my 06 FZ1 on 5/24/12. I had no prior experience with them but they were the best price for the plug and play option ($74.95) harness included and free shipping. It was very well made with complete and simple instructions. I received many compliments throughout the season on its looks and function. As I started getting the bike ready this year I realized I had no signals or headlights. Every time I would turn the key it would blow the headlight fuse, followed by the turn signal fuse. I started at the headlight and worked back from there going over every connection. I found it in the Motodynamics Tail light, in the integrated right turn signal. It was stuck on and shorting out, causing the fuses to blow, and drained my battery!

I contacted them through email on 4/4/13 and expressed my disappointment in the product and 180 day warranty. I immediately got a reply letting me know they were sorry it happened but that they would stand behind their product. He asked me to send him my order number and he would get me a RMA #. I couldn't find my order number or any proof of purchase for that matter. I let him know and told him i only knew the approximate date of purchase. He took the time to look it up through my address and sent me the RMA# to return it. He did this all in about 3 hours a on Thursday evening. I express mailed it on Friday. It arrived Monday and was immediately inspected and a replacement sent out the same day. They also sent it priority and it arrived Wednesday. This is some exceptional service and a great product, I highly recommend Motodynamics if your in the market for any LED light accessories.

I was looking at those exact ones a few weeks ago for my 2007 FZ1 and the wife's 2009 Ninja 250r. I liked the fact that it is plug and play. Did you guys get smoke or clear? The smoke is 'out of stock' at the moment. I think I'd like the smoke better. I doubt the smoke would hender the brightness in any noticible way. I know I'd want the smoke for my wife's black Ninja.

Will they work with the stock trun signals left in place? I'm not sure how dumb it would look, but I'm all for being noticed over looking cool. It seems LED's are super bright at night, but somewhat dim during bright daylight. How does this unit show up in bright daylight?

I have the clear. I use it with stock front signals - which on my CBR are in my mirrors. It just plugs in to the removed wiring connections from stock, under the seat. Very easy install.

I think this is the one I got.
2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 Honda CBR 1000RR LED Tail Light Sequential

See video demo:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRrutYax8e8&feature=player_embedded]2008-2011 Honda CBR1000RR Sequential LED Tail Lights Clear Lens - YouTube[/ame]

here is the smoke video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vAT1lUMlN_s

I was looking at those exact ones a few weeks ago for my 2007 FZ1 and the wife's 2009 Ninja 250r. I liked the fact that it is plug and play. Did you guys get smoke or clear? The smoke is 'out of stock' at the moment. I think I'd like the smoke better. I doubt the smoke would hender the brightness in any noticible way. I know I'd want the smoke for my wife's black Ninja.

Will they work with the stock trun signals left in place? I'm not sure how dumb it would look, but I'm all for being noticed over looking cool. It seems LED's are super bright at night, but somewhat dim during bright daylight. How does this unit show up in bright daylight?

You would want to remove the stock rear turn signals........or at least disconnect them if you want to leave in place. The same wiring is used to plug in to it.

You would want to remove the stock rear turn signals........or at least disconnect them if you want to leave in place. The same wiring is used to plug in to it.

Thanks. I thought that might be the case. That would make the Givi side cases easier by not having to move the rear signals. I like the look, but I'm not convinced it's as effective as having the signals far apart. I'm still thinking about it.

I'll keep it on the list, but it's below suspension (high $) and brakes (SS lines and HH pads).

Thanks. I thought that might be the case. That would make the Givi side cases easier by not having to move the rear signals. I like the look, but I'm not convinced it's as effective as having the signals far apart. I'm still thinking about it.

I'll keep it on the list, but it's below suspension (high $) and brakes (SS lines and HH pads).

Troy if you get the Givi side cases you can always use the integrated tailight along with the Admore V35 kit and just remove the stock turn signals. I have been considering this option...

I have the smoke in mine. Wife says its kinda hard to see in bright daylight but so is everything. I really like the stop alert flash and sequential turns, they're kinda like a hey Im going this way indicator.

I want one. . . Have a clear one made by clear alternatives on mine now. Not as cool as this one. Wonder what i could get for mine on ebay? I like the smoked to, good thing they don't have them or i'd probably buy one today, at least it will force me to think about it for a while.

I installed their product in my '08 and after a week a section of the LED's quit working. A phone call got immediate response and I had another unit in 4 days! It's easy to tell when people actually care about their customers.
Sure wish the majority of congress was that way! :nana:

I have the smoke in my bike and it does not seem to tint the lens enough to make any difference. As with any led they are much more visible at night than the day, but this tail light is BRIGHT. It also flashes so it def gets a drivers attention. Its a nice back off warning for cars following to close. The turn signals work like Christmas lights and blink in the direction your turning, much more noticeable than just a blinker, and are also very bright. There was a fender eliminator on the bike when i bought it, but i must say this makes a big improvement even with it. The tail of the bike is so much cleaner looking.
This is definitely a company that wants your business and will work to keep it, something you don't find often anymore. I want to support company's like this and share them with other enthusiasts.

I also have the smoke. Installed it over the winter, and the install went fine. The tinting is pretty minimal -- so much so, that I thought they'd mistakenly shipped me the clear. With front stock signals, it worked flawlessly. When I installed Proton flush-mounts on the front, the tail light didn't work properly. I ended up contacting CustomLED about their flasher relay, and they actually had some in-depth knowledge about the Motodynamic tail lights. I bought the relay from them (CustomLED) and it straightened everything out.

For the record, CustomLED has also been fantastic with their customer service, too. I've picked up a few things from them, and they answer questions quickly and accurately.

I also have the smoke. Installed it over the winter, and the install went fine. The tinting is pretty minimal -- so much so, that I thought they'd mistakenly shipped me the clear. With front stock signals, it worked flawlessly. When I installed Proton flush-mounts on the front, the tail light didn't work properly. I ended up contacting CustomLED about their flasher relay, and they actually had some in-depth knowledge about the Motodynamic tail lights. I bought the relay from them (CustomLED) and it straightened everything out.

For the record, CustomLED has also been fantastic with their customer service, too. I've picked up a few things from them, and they answer questions quickly and accurately.

i think i am having the same issue. i installed Proton flush mounts on the front and the Motodynamic on the rear. i also purchased resistors from Motodynamic (cement zicon 7.5) but i still have the signal issue. any suggestions? different resistors?

i think i am having the same issue. i installed Proton flush mounts on the front and the Motodynamic on the rear. i also purchased resistors from Motodynamic (cement zicon 7.5) but i still have the signal issue. any suggestions? different resistors?

You need a new relay. Here's what I ordered from CustomLED that fixed my problem (I didn't use any resistors): ELFR-1 Flasher Relay
I notice that they're on sale for $20... get 'em while they're hot! The connector fits the stock relay connector, so it's truly plug-and-play.

He also recommended that I "remove the load equalizers from the motodynamic tail light harness if you do install the flasher relay. They are nothing but a waste of power and a fire hazard." I have to admit I haven't attempt that yet, partly because I'm not sure what he means by the "load equalizers" and partly because I'm being lazy.

Thanks Clyde. I ordered one last night and should see it this week. If i knew about these guys earlier i dont think i would have got the flushmount Protons. Seems like these guys have some nice options that would have been sweeet.

Back