Installing PC3 without mods

I'm thinking of installing a PC3 on my stock 08 FZ1. Is there any advantage to this without adding any mods, exhaust, air box, etc? There is a plan to put an aftermarket slip on down the road, maybe next year.

I'm thinking of installing a PC3 on my stock 08 FZ1. Is there any advantage to this without adding any mods, exhaust, air box, etc? There is a plan to put an aftermarket slip on down the road, maybe next year.

I haven't read much on the PC3 but I would see very little advantage, especially with only adding a slip on. You can do a slip on without the PC3.

all bikes need to be tuned. stock or not. you don't just tune it because you're modding it. all bikes need to be tuned. stock or not. i said it twice because that's how important it is. no one understands this and it drives me nuts. get a pc on it, get it on a dyno and i hope you have a competent tuner and you won't believe that your bike tuned was the same one as before.

all bikes need to be tuned. stock or not. you don't just tune it because you're modding it. all bikes need to be tuned. stock or not. i said it twice because that's how important it is. no one understands this and it drives me nuts. get a pc on it, get it on a dyno and i hope you have a competent tuner and you won't believe that your bike tuned was the same one as before.

I agree with the above, but he didn't say dyno tuned. He just said stick a PC3 on it.

Is there any benefit of just throwing a PC3 on it -- I don't think so.

Throwing a PC3 and having it DYNO tuned by a reputable tuner -- Absolutely

If you're going to get a Power Commander, get the V. Just order for an 09. To answer your original question, I'd probably pass until you start adding a pipe and/or air kit. Also, I think Ivan may be coming out with a flash for a stock bike.

If you're going to get a Power Commander, get the V. Just order for an 09. To answer your original question, I'd probably pass until you start adding a pipe and/or air kit. Also, I think Ivan may be coming out with a flash for a stock bike.
Be good if Ivan bring`s out a flash for a stock bike,this would be the better way to go.

I agree with the above, but he didn't say dyno tuned. He just said stick a PC3 on it.

Is there any benefit of just throwing a PC3 on it -- I don't think so.

Throwing a PC3 and having it DYNO tuned by a reputable tuner -- Absolutely

You don't even have to get a dyno tune to see the benefits of any of the popular fuel controllers (PC3,PCV,Juice Box Pro). The maps that are available on this site are so close to optimal that a dyno tune on a bike with limited mods is almost a waste of money.

I only have a slip-on with air filter and when I toggle between map and no map with my JBP the difference is amazing. With no map there is flat spots in the power band and the idle is very lumpy. With map everything is smooth and the power is linear across the board.

So to answer the op's original question. Yes, you will see a nice improvement over the stock bike with just a fuel controller. Things just get better and better as you add mods and change maps. And then if you want the ultimate in performance, as others have said, look into Ivan's flash.

Back