Incredible Power-band (on a 20 minute ride).

What a question! I was grinning all the way to work. It rained the last two days (after the "Lets fly out from under Doug," experience Tuesday evening).

I did not want residential folks to hate me at 630am, so I ran low RPMs in 2nd thru downtown streets. Once I got on a long sweeping 45mph curve in an empty business area, it was amazing to still be in 3rd and no were near 5,000rpm.

It really CAN "Rock you to sleep below 4000rpm."

WHEELIES? WHEELIES?? My face hurts from grinning only going thru the gears to arrive at 50mph in 5th.

:worship:

Wait till you need to get around someone on an on-ramp and find yourself doing 105 in third. On accident.

I've had my bike for 3 months and it still makes me giggle like a schoolgirl sometimes.

"Mild Mannered"

I remember the first time I had the FZ1 up near 8K! :eek5: Surprised was putting it mildly, and that was with me preparing myself, so I can only imagine how you felt! Haha! It's so "mild mannered" down below 4K that it lulls you to sleep, but man, you had better be holding on when the tach inches past 6K, because it wakes up like a startled lion!

It is SO RELAXING at 2k-3k, "Just loafing down the road in 3rd going 40mph." When I went from 45mph to 68mph INSTANTLY. I thought "WHAT did I just do" in this intersection?

10k must be SICK if 8k is "Surprise." : owned:

I thnk the FZ1 should be owned by guys like me, "58, likes to shift at 3k and has no desire to do standing wheelies on the freeway." The engine would last forever. :spank2:

My pacemaker is my rev-limiter. DANG! My wife of 31 years, must have planned this with my Cardiologist. "Dr. I let him buy The Little Red Rocket. Put in the pacemaker so he croaks if he ever rides above 5k." That little sneeker.
:bowdown:

Just HAD to go get gas on last sunny day for the weekend

I think this bike may just turn you into a Hooligan yet.:teeter:

:rmwl:

All my co-workers were going to lunch, so I tought, "WTH! My fuel gauge is blinking E." Go for a ride. "I'll be right back." :rofl:

Filled the Red Beast up and took a leisurly ride around town. Of course that means hitting a few yellow lights, "Ah Ooh, in 2nd gear, at 30mph. We'll just have to goose her to beat the red light." I hate it when that happens. REALLY!

:Liar:

Back