Improvement on Gen II Performance

Sactown2008

Since I have yet to go over 5,000rpm, I found something to improve my 2008 top end!

It would make a good platform for a camera, my tank bag or a cup holder. I might have to cut a hole in my tank? Mileage may go down.

:spank2:

I know I know.

Still haven't gone over 5000? You gotta try it man! Get on the Interstate and pop it down to 3rd or something. :)

The same thing a seasoned GSXR1000 owner at my work said, "I heard you pull away on Monday. You need to step it up to the higher RPMs."

:thinking:

Even just once or twice, just to feel what your bike's got to give. I'm like you, I don't roll around every day full throttle, but it sure is nice to open 'er up--especially a bike with such a tremendous high-RPM rush :)

The same thing a seasoned GSXR1000 owner at my work said, "I heard you pull away on Monday. You need to step it up to the higher RPMs."

:thinking:

This ain't no Harley son! You need to wind it out a bit :poke:

It's going to feel insane when that needle reaches 7-8k RPM :D

Hard for me to imagine keeping the revs so low. I try not to run anytime with my revs below 5000.

What does our gearing give us in 6th at 75 on the highway anyway? It's 4200+. And with 16 teeth up front it's gone up for me.

I like the fact that the FZ1 can be ridden sedately at low RPMs. However, I also like that killer top-end power. Before you go crazy hitting the redline, make sure you practice your braking. Those turns come up QUICK when te tach stays above 6K.

Back