I wanted to let yall know...

terdog

Some of you know, from some of my other posts, that my wife of 23 yrs. was fighting Cancer.

3 weeks ago she lost her battle. I dont know how else to put it, but somehow it doesnt seem like its the right way...

I thought about posting this earlier, but it was just too hard then. Almost as hard now.

We were able to keep her at home with the help of the local hospice. And for the last 6 weeks of her life, I had the honor of being her main care giver. Her elder sister is a nurse, and was able to come up to the house a couple of times a week for 2-3 hrs a time to give me a break, so I can do some shopping for the kids, get some groceries , and the occasional Throttle Therapy Ride. While I was very grateful for the time to get out, somehow I had my less than normal enjoyment; there was always something missing.

We had her memorial Saturday. It was very touching to have the love and support from our small community and large family. We held a reception at the middle school where she worked. Even the school dist. supt. was there.

I know that there are many others that have been through this, and unfortunately, some are still dealing with it. I know that Im no one special. Its just that quite a few have reached out to me after learning of my families circumstances. I want to thank you all for your kindness, and also offer hope and care to anyone who needs someone to "talk" to.

I will be posting this on the other site as there were others that had offered me support there.

I just want to say "Thanks".

Terry Higginbotham and Family

terdog-albums-pics-picture3897-gingers-pics-122.jpg

Terry, you have our deepest condolences with the loss of your wife. I'm very sorry that she went far too early. Surround yourself with the children and all the warmest of memories with her.

Take care and God Bless.

Terry, news like this is always tough to read. I am very sorry to learn of your loss, you and the children are going through a very difficult time but I trust your family will be close for each other. Sending PM

You have my deepest condolences, I too understand what you are going through, as more than one close family member has lost the same battle. Only time will lessen the pain. She will live on in your children and in your heart.

Deeply sorry for your lost. You have a beautiful family... stay strong and look forward to all the good time you can have with the ones that are still here with you.

May God bless you and give you strength. I can't imagine the tremendous loss you and your family are going through. I'm glad you were able to care for her. You will have that. I just celebrated 20 years with my wife and I appreciate it all the more now.

Thank you for sharing, and I hope it can help you cope. I doubt if I could ever say anything to help much, but I'd always listen. Stay strong, stay close to family. You need each other so very much. Prayers to you, your children and family.

Back