I must confess!!

Hellgate I am in Dallas and have farm in Hamilton; might drag my FZ1 and meet halfway.....see how fast that 600 is.....My FZ1 is R1 fast and I know exactly how to ride it....Make it worth my while....

Hellgate I am in Dallas and have farm in Hamilton; might drag my FZ1 and meet halfway.....see how fast that 600 is.....My FZ1 is R1 fast and I know exactly how to ride it....Make it worth my while....

Come down to Harris Hill Raceway in Kyle, and we'll go round in circles. Oh, and the little R6 is a former AMA Pro bike, with the fastest trap speed at Daytona in 2005.

Or we can hit TWS for a long straight. Corner drive is what it is all about.

Remember I used to own a well tuned FZ1...or I could bring the Tuono VR4 APRC. :)

Actually a drag would be fun, I've never done one before. Skills...

Come down to Harris Hill Raceway in Kyle, and we'll go round in circles. Oh, and the little R6 is a former AMA Pro bike, with the fastest trap speed at Daytona in 2005.

Or we can hit TWS for a long straight. Corner drive is what it is all about.

Remember I used to own a well tuned FZ1...or I could bring the Tuono VR4 APRC. :)

Actually a drag would be fun, I've never done one before. Skills...
Sounds to me like you could probably keep up in the twisties. :)

Don't matter what it is...you can only get so much out of a 600.....Man I am 57 and skinny..been sportbike-ing since the kawa 750 two stroke triples....Straight 1/8 or 1/4 ... don't matter to me....no twisties...lol....I'm talking a half way meet up.....Harris county is a little far for me...........I could be talked into it....

Don't matter what it is...you can only get so much out of a 600.....Man I am 57 and skinny..been sportbike-ing since the kawa 750 two stroke triples....Straight 1/8 or 1/4 ... don't matter to me....no twisties...lol....I'm talking a half way meet up.....Harris county is a little far for me...........I could be talked into it....
NO twisties.........shouldn't you be driving a car? I hear they are good at the strip. :)

Hahaha I love it! You're a drag racer, I'm a road racer, this would be fun. I'm only 10 years younger than you (I feel old at 47.5), and I;m only 170. And I always got the hole-shot. :) I love learning from others. We'll need to do this. All I need is a kill switch and the R6 is ready (One week?).

Harris Hill isn't Harris County, Kyle vs. Houston....only 30 minutes south of Austin. Or we can go to Cresson (East of Ft. Worth). Keep in mind I've only been there in 911's (cars) not bikes, but we are ON!

Oh, the bike is 350 lbs, with 14:1 comp. :) No street legal since day one from Yamaha. I'll be running C14.

Last edited:
Man i try and stay in fair shape at 57.....i treadmill, pump a little iron, not much .....been retired since 47.....that Cresson is a twistie; too old for that shit....sounds like a meet up either way next time your down there...got a couple buddies that will go with me...the b-king guy and a vmax dude....let me know when you go down there and we will make plans....nothing else we can watch you do your thing on that 600.....

Crazy Joe i can't do twisties....

Geeeeeeeeeeezus man --- what's the point of being alive??? hehehe

I'll be 66 next month and I plan to ride until I'm at least 70 unless I crash out bad. All you have to keep in shape is your legs and grip. No wonder you think the high speed bikes are the shitz.

Man i try and stay in fair shape at 57.....i treadmill, pump a little iron, not much .....been retired since 47.....that Cresson is a twistie; too old for that shit....sounds like a meet up either way next time your down there...got a couple buddies that will go with me...the b-king guy and a vmax dude....let me know when you go down there and we will make plans....nothing else we can watch you do your thing on that 600.....

Oh the big bike will have the R6 out of the hole, but at the long road tracks, TWS and Willow the little bike has eaten R1s and Busa's. The little guy has top end. The Tuono...look out! That girl flies! With traction, wheelie, and launch control you pin it and GO!

The R6 on the other hand requires coordinated wrists.

That said I've love to go to the drags and learn from an experienced rider.

We need to plan a date.

View attachment 10964

Last edited:
Your better off just keeping the bike you have.
I have had sport bikes and a Hayabausa and other crap and it always seems like I would like another bike LOL!!
If I was you and getting a new bike I would get the Tuono v4 as its lighter than a big Kawasuki and handles great! You don't want a big heavy piece of crap!
Yes they go like the clappers but in the real world where the hell can you use it unless your doing a runner from the cops.
I'm 56 in July and have owned over 20 bikes and at the moment I have a Super Duke that I am just sticking with unless I can get a great deal on a Tuono:confused:

Having a great time on a motorcycle doesn't mean you HAVE to be draggin a knee on the pavement. If that's your idea of fun, then good enough but for those who can enjoy a long ride across the U.S. checking out the scenery, it can be just as rewarding and a lot less stressful. I'll be doing the Natchez Trace Parkway in about a week on a 3500 mile tour of the South. the Natchez is 444 miles of two lane at 50 MPH (and they mean 50 MPH there). It's a great ride and the pictures never end. As I've aged, I have also learned that life is far more than one perspective. The ticket is getting to that understanding, living long enough.

Having a great time on a motorcycle doesn't mean you HAVE to be draggin a knee on the pavement. If that's your idea of fun, then good enough but for those who can enjoy a long ride across the U.S. checking out the scenery, it can be just as rewarding and a lot less stressful. I'll be doing the Natchez Trace Parkway in about a week on a 3500 mile tour of the South. the Natchez is 444 miles of two lane at 50 MPH (and they mean 50 MPH there). It's a great ride and the pictures never end. As I've aged, I have also learned that life is far more than one perspective. The ticket is getting to that understanding, living long enough.
I agree --- there are different ways to enjoy motorcycling, of course, if you're not dragging a knee then you're just a tourist.

Back