I HATE old bikes !

# two

I hate old bikes so much it makes me sick to see them. I think they should be ground up then melted down and made into something more useful like paper clips or coat hangers. I HATE OLD BIKES! HATE EM HATE EM HATE EM!

Oh yea, I picked up this '75 CB750 today. Complete bike with title and a box of stuff, mostly turn signals and foot pegs but it did come with an extra gas tank w\ petcock and two carbs. All for 200 bucks, not to bad.

Last edited:
I hate old bikes so much it makes me sick to see them. I think they should be ground up then melted down and made into something more useful like paper clips or coat hangers. I HATE OLD BIKES! HATE EM HATE EM HATE EM!
Okay I'll bite. I know your joking but some parts on that bike should be crushed! That rack/sissy bar argh! So what are you going to do? Restore?

I'm not sure, but thinking cafe or I should say rat cafe. The sissy bar and rack were removed right after photoing them. Seems like nobody in the '70s or '80s ever even thought about not bolting all that crap on to their bike.

PS In its day they were a super bike. Putting that crap on is like putting a roof rack on a Ferrari. Just my opinion.

They were quite the bike in the day, Had a kid in high school that could wheelie about a block on his. Everyone would always be watching when he left the parking lot to see the show. Those were the days, To wheelie that beast takes talent. On the bikes nowadays it just takes a wrist with a little youthful enthusiasm.

Here's what Id be doing with that thing.....

1152717705_QbYJ3-M.jpg

I'm not sure, but thinking cafe or I should say rat cafe. The sissy bar and rack were removed right after photoing them. Seems like nobody in the '70s or '80s ever even thought about not bolting all that crap on to their bike.

Although I admit it ain't sexy! It is functional.
When your bike is your everyday driver, things like grocery shopping are pretty hard and you have to address that. To me it just goes to show you that someone actually rode/ used the bike for a period instead of just letting it sit in their garage.
LOL
OK - now I would rip the sissy bar off also :D

Man I'd love to score a 70's 750. I would get it as close to original as possible maybe upgraded shocks. I'd buy some sweet ass tight jeans, abunch of white tees and a cigarette box that I could roll in to my sleeve. Maybe some cowboy boots to match.

Tell us how you really feel.
loluploluplolup :scared:

Well, since I haven't posted in awhile, I should say something nice.

I don't understand why anyone wants to live in the past about anything unless it's uniqueness doesn't really change a whole lot -- like dinner china.

I wish I could buy a new bike every year so I wouldn't have to waste my time riding the piece of crap I own now. Sure, it's OK but --- awe inspiring -- I don't think so.

Of course, I'm one of those guys that like to ride a bike for it's intended purpose and not sit around and pose in a parking lot. It doesn't matter what you do to an old POS it's still an old POS.

Put it on a track and you will quickly find it's short comings. Sure 1 out of 1.8 zillion guys could make it go fast but on a new bike the average daily rider can double the size of his balls without even realizing he's going fast.

I simply fantasize about what it would feel like to open the throttle of a 175Hp (rear wheel) bike coming out of a corner while standing up the bike. The balance, feel and stability dropping it into a corner at 140mph would have to be exhilarating.

I know sooooo many people that feel they are mountain climbers, buy all the gear, spend bucku bucks and then spend their time on the hill in their back yard.

So I say, there is nothing to dream about from past days. Only the future holds the possibilities of a new adventure instead of a re-hash of days gone by. I live for tomorrow and another chance to overcome fear by approaching that corner just a little faster, exiting a little faster and being tickled that it worked.

Old bikes are just old.

I bought a pretty nice Honda 1974 CB750 from the mechanic at the marine dealership I worked at in the fall of 1980 for $900. I thought it would be my everyday motorcycle for the next few years. After putting on a couple hundred miles that autumn I absolutly hated it. It was slow, it buzzed and it didn't handle either. It was still a very desireable bike and I thought how disappointed I was with it. It scared me a little bit that these so called Superbikes were not so super after all. I got a job at a Honda dealer in Feburary of 1981 and bought a 1981 CB750F and sold the older CB for $1500. I kept that bike for 4 years and put about 50,000 miles on it. That CB750F was light years ahead of the older bike just as my FZ1 is a Quantum leap ahead of the F. I don't really have a desire for a vintage motorcycle anymore. I have restored a Honda CA160 Dream and a Suzuki GT380. It was fun to get them looking and running great but riding them was no fun. The fun is in the chase so to speak.

What I hate most about these old p.i.t.a bikes is that I just can't leave them where they are. Why do they always end up at my house? I guess it must be that first rip down the road on a freshly resurrected barn or shed find. I gotta get help, I might have a problem.

What I hate most about these old p.i.t.a bikes is that I just can't leave them where they are. Why do they always end up at my house? I guess it must be that first rip down the road on a freshly resurrected barn or shed find. I gotta get help, I might have a problem.

No, you don't have a problem...resurrecting old bikes can be addicting, but fun ;)

It happened again. At least this one was already at my house, so I really did leave it where it was. My friend finally fessed up he's afraid to ride. So one more to the collection. 77 XS650 I've had it running a few times but always acted like stuck float. I pulled the carbs apart AGAIN and this time discovered a hole in one of the floats, picked at it a bit and decided to order new floats for both carbs. The 750 is coming along slowly but slowly runs great but I need an exhaust for it the 4to1 it had is rusted and banged up beyond use.

And this followed me home just yesterday. '83 mercedes 300D it's super clean and has a diesel w\ 149,000 mi. For 2 grand I couldn't pass it up, I couldn't find an s10 or ranger this clean with less miles for that price.

Back