I finally found a new bike!

First post in here. After weeks of searching I finally managed to find an FZ1.

2008 naked, mint condition with 5,000 miles on it and ABS.

Paid £4300 privately which seemed like a pretty good deal. Cant wait to collect it on Tuesday as long as it doesnt rain!

Looking forward to joining in the discussion more once I've got hold of the bike.

Chuffed to bits!

Gratz on the new bike. Hope your going to have alot of fun on it.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

I'm sure you'll like it. I hope the rain holds off so you can pick it up ASAP. What other bikes have ridden? I expect some pictures when you get it home. What color is it? We don't get the N model in the states and usually only solid colors on the S :(

thats a pretty good deal you got there, i bought my FZ1S 3 months ago for 5000 pounds with 2400 miles showing and that was a great deal as well.

Welcome to the FZ1 family and let the modding begin!!!

Hi guys and thank you for the kind welcome!

Well what a day. Started off with the bank screwing up the money transfer over the weekend so yesterday I had to rather nervously ask for a 2k loan from a friend to be able to go and pick it up today! lol

Woke up at 7:30 and the weather, oh damn the weather. It looked so horrific. Black clouds, 20mph+ winds, torrential rain. Total nightmare. I'd basically written it off as a bad job by about 8. A glimmer of sunshine at 8:30 and I figured I'd risk it as I'd have to drive and inspect it anyway.

Got there, seller was a nice guy as per phone conversation. Turns out, he's no liar either. The bike is absolutely mint with barely a mark on it. I'd be hard pressed to find another I'm sure.

Long story short, transaction went great and on the ride home I seem to have magically avoided the rain as I think I suffered only a 1 minute shower.

So, pristine FZ1n in the garage, 150 miles under my belt and I'm a happy lad. So many reports I'd read about fuelling issues, lack of low down grunt and so on but I can say categorically, riding today was an absolute pleasure. Coming from a big twin, the lower grunt at low RPM was different but somehow made traffic jams far more pleasurable. On the motorway I had no problems overtaking in top from around 5k rpm which is around 80mph. Had her up to *cough* 120. Bit windy but otherwise rock solid, planted and plenty more go. I was also comfortable and rode 150 miles in one go with no stops. Hit reserve at 142 miles.

How could I complain? Hell of a day. Hell of a bike.

:D

I'm sure you'll like it. I hope the rain holds off so you can pick it up ASAP. What other bikes have ridden? I expect some pictures when you get it home. What color is it? We don't get the N model in the states and usually only solid colors on the S :(

Hi mate,

The rain did hold off. Its black and I'll get some pics shortly :D

My first bike was a DT125R then I went straight to a Bandit 1200 (further proof to any Bandit sceptics that they are relatively idiot proof). I then had a Honda VTR 1000 until last week and now the FZ1.

So not exactly had a lot, but at least some variety.

I know already that I will not be changing the FZ for a LONG time. To be honest, after our 150 mile introduction, so far it seems to be the perfect bike for me. I'm really pleased.

:welcome:welcome fz1yorks and congrats on the new beast, you'll love it....as already is clear out your first ride report....enjoy the many miles and keep 'm safe...first mod if not already on are some sliders...shit happens when you never expect it...take it from experience :p

Back