Hurricane SANDY

Hi, hope you all are well !
A friend of mine, an old primary school mate and a fellow of my very first forays with the Honda CBR125 in Sardinya in the '80s, lives in Jersey city and works in NY as a Sr. software engineer at IBM. He commutes every day from home to work.
I'm very concerned because he doesnt reply on Facebook... :(

Last edited:
Hi, hope you all are well !
A friend of mine, an old primary school mate and a fellow of my very first forays with the Honda CBR125 in Sardinya in the '80s, lives in Jersey city and works in NY as a Sr. software engineer at IBM. He commutes every day from home to work.
I'm very concerned because he doesnt reply on Facebook... :(

i live near that area and the cell phones dont work very well now and a lot of people dont have power or internet. im sure in a few days you will hear from him. as im typing this im on day 3 of no power and am told it might be another 4 days before i get power. but im lucky i have a generator......

i live near that area and the cell phones dont work very well now and a lot of people dont have power or internet. im sure in a few days you will hear from him. as im typing this im on day 3 of no power and am told it might be another 4 days before i get power. but im lucky i have a generator......

Thank You very much, I hope he's and his family are ok.
Hang in You all, guys.

Got word from my Boss who lives near Long Island NY in Huntington. His entire neighbourhoud is since Sandy passed by without power and now they are gathering generatores and gasoline to power up their houses...Priority is to get some elecricity back up in a few houses so they can start taking hot showers and warm meals....lots of minor damages though to thier homes and trees/branches broken but nobody injured...

Got word from my Boss who lives near Long Island NY in Huntington. His entire neighbourhoud is since Sandy passed by without power and now they are gathering generatores and gasoline to power up their houses...Priority is to get some elecricity back up in a few houses so they can start taking hot showers and warm meals....lots of minor damages though to thier homes and trees/branches broken but nobody injured...

I'm hearing horror stories with anything dealing with LIPA (Long Island Power & Light). They are taking a beating from officials here because of their lackluster response to getting things done. I hope they get power up and running soon. Now we have a noreaster scheduled for today.

Back