How much should I pay for a 2003 FZ1 with 1700 miles?

fz1jh

Hi guys!

I am new to bikes. I just completed by safety class a couple of months ago and got my motorcycle endorsement. My mechanic friend has a 2003 FZ1 with only 1700 miles on it. He is asking $3800. Someone traded the bike in with him in exchange for work on their Porsche. Bike is stock, even has the stock tires. The owner only rode it in summer time only - we only get about 4 months up here in the Rockies.

What should I pay? Should I ask him to service the bike before I buy it? - Oil change and other things?

I took the bike for a test ride and I like it. I would really like to add a full fairing kit on it - i simply like the looks of it.

I appreciate all your feedback!

Thanks!

You should get it serviced oil , brake fluid, and new tires. Get some frame sliders and probaly waite on the fairing till you get some experience. Good luck and welcome to the site

4 months of summer since 2003 and it only has 1700 miles on it? Maybe it is just me but that seems crazy low. Check everything over real good and offer $3k and be happy to end up paying $3.4k

Back