How I Spent My 4th......

Richie and I were invited out to New Jersey to the home of one of our salesmen from work to spend the 4th of July this year. Each year he dons his Patriot Hat, rings his bell to alert all his neighbors within earshot, to amass on his front lawn while he reads the Declaration Of Independance. I just had to see this in person. Well I wasn't disappointed. His beautiful home, draped in the Stars and Stripes, was the perfect backdrop for the reading. After some excellent food and a couple of beers I set up my tripod on the front lawn to await the reading. I had such a great time and was amazed at just how many people showed up for this. This is the kind of place I would love to live in. I thought I'd share it with you fellow Americans.

Flags Galore!!
IMG_3643.jpg

A Beautiful View Of The Lake....
IMG_3645.jpg

Richie and I heading over for some food.
IMG_3647.jpg

Sun getting low from the beach.
IMG_3648.jpg

Steve himself, grilling up some great chicken!
IMG_3650.jpg

And here's the video of the day!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR0Minp-0jA&list=UUtIiPrXXOnkIUMfJ6mRxgkQ&index=1&feature=plcp]The Declaration Of Independance By Steve H. - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for looking!

That must've been the first time I've heard the declaration of independence read aloud. His speech was powerful and his house is beautiful! Happy independence day all

Back