How do you winterize your motorcycle?

Yeah, I feel for you folks with the single digit temps and black ice. We wouldn't know what to do with that kind of weather down here - as it is, the city SHUTS DOWN with even the slightest amount of ice on the roads. I'm not just talking bikes, I mean all motor vehicle traffic. People shelter in place like it's somekind of 'ICE APOCOLYPSE'!

Ah well, at least y'all have single malt ...
:icon_beer:

I'll have to check out that Yami fuel stabilizer - looks interesting.

I top off the tank and just keep riding! The only time I'm not riding is when there is snow on the ground and around here it doesn't last very long.

Sad day yesterday. I met with Tony for what was the last ride of the year for me. :(
So after a great day of riding I came home, added the Star Tron additive.....

41tVj091-EL__123456789__zpsca57fe51.jpg

I then rode back to the station and filled the tank up again and brought her home......

IMG_1216_zps5a78dc95.jpg

Plugged her in, locked her to the floor, and put her blankey on for her winter nap. :(

IMG_1217_zpse7b43d29.jpg

I'll be removing the wheels, tires, and sending them out to powdercoat, shodding new T30's on the newly colored wheels, and doing the block off plates the proper way. Removing the rad and replacing the coolant. I'll do the same for all the brake fluid, lubricate the cables, and hope that winter passes quickly!

Eeeek! I don't envy you!

It wouldn't be so bad if it were like a freak Texas storm and melted away in a few days... but this crap coming is not melting until sometime in March! Ugh..... Time for the rest of the mods to get installed now. And Michele's needs a lot of maintenance over this winter anyway being an '07! I'm with Billy, wrench it til we can ride again!

The Fazer has been stabled up in my bike - garden shed. Tires put off the ground using front and rear paddockstands. Fueltank full. Battery disconnected and connected up to my batteryguard. The Tiger will soon get new Michelin Anakees and grip heating...

Back