How do you winterize your motorcycle?

In Georgia, just swap out the race coolant for premix anti-freeze and hook up the battery tender. I still get plenty of days to get out and ride so its never a full hibernation here.

How do I winterize my bike, same as how I summerize it, I ride it. Winter here is just colder and wetter than summer no snow and rarely below freezing. If it's wet, it stays home.

35deg C (95F) and sunny today, it's the end of spring and summer is just around the corner.

How do I winterize my bike, same as how I summerize it, I ride it. Winter here is just colder and wetter than summer no snow and rarely below freezing. If it's wet, it stays home.

35deg C (95F) and sunny today, it's the end of spring and summer is just around the corner.

We are close to a record low tonight. Supposed to get close to 20F.....but close to 70F as a high by Sunday. Crazy weather and so much for global warming.

Here in the Midwest USA winter comes in hard and strong. High winds, snow, ice and bad drivers all contribute to finding a nice storage space for 3 to 4 months, November to March.

I just make sure the coolant is good, fill the tank and add Sta-Bil to the fuel and run it for ten miles, plug in a battery tender, put down the center stand and say good-bye for now to it. It resides in a friend's heated garage.

Well, I was going to finally put her up for the winter but it looks like we're going to be back up to the near 60's in the beginning of next week so I may have a few more rides to go yet. In the meantime I have already bought my bottle of Star-Tron which will be added to a full tank and run a few miles before plugging her in and freezing the insurance until April 1st.

This makes me chuckle because of all the 'fair weather' riders down in these parts. I know that most of you northern folk would love to have our current weather conditions, yet the large majority of the locals here think it's too cold, or too wet to ride when we get a little taste of 'wet winter weather'.

If it ain't floodin or freezin, I'm ridin ...

This makes me chuckle because of all the 'fair weather' riders down in these parts. I know that most of you northern folk would love to have our current weather conditions, yet the large majority of the locals here think it's too cold, or too wet to ride when we get a little taste of 'wet winter weather'.

If it ain't floodin or freezin, I'm ridin ...

If it was in the high 30s or low 40s I would still be riding but with temps in the single digits and snow flurries I think not.

20's tonight... Sun set is 4:30pm. I get out at 6pm and by that time, it's typically below freezing. Black ice season is here... no sense in risking life to "try" and enjoy a ride.

Stabil in the tank and Battery Tender to keep her heart warm and beating.....

I sit out in the garage and pout dejectedly beside it while drinking copious amounts of single malt scotch and the heat from my drunken body keeps it warm all winter. :(

Here in Texas we can pretty much ride all year, but I go away for a couple of months in Dec/Jan, and again in Jul/Aug. I just hook it up to the Battery Tender, fill the gas tank and put in 5 ozs. of Yamaha Fuel Med Rx to stabilize and neutralize the baddies in the fuel that want to corrode things. Corrosion from ethanol is a bad thing on a long term basis. Starts right up when I get back with about 1/2 second of cranking.

medium800.jpg

Last edited:
Here in Texas we can pretty much ride all year, but I go away for a couple of months in Dec/Jan, and again in Jul/Aug. I just hook it up to the Battery Tender, fill the gas tank and put in 5 ozs. of Yamaha Fuel Med Rx to stabilize and neutralize the baddies in the fuel that want to corrode things. Corrosion from ethanol is a bad thing on a long term basis. Starts right up when I get back with about 1/2 second of cranking.

medium800.jpg

Yep, I use this as well when the bike sits more than a couple weeks. I also use the Engine Med Rx with every tank to combat Ethanol.

Back