How Did You "Train" for the Twisties?

Nobody has mentioned this yet:

Get a new set of tires and break them in and warm them up before ridding them hard. A softer rubber compound will go a long way in the confidence area. I can tell the difference riding my bike into corners not very aggressively while having 5 minutes of time on the tire versus 30 minutes of time, especially this time of year. I'm in Birmingham, AL so it is not terribly cold. waste $250.00 on some stickies :p

So many twisties in our area. Just get out there! Some of my faves within a couple hundred mile radius: (some a little hard this time of year)

-mosquito ridge road
-went worth springs / ice house / wrights lake
-mini dragon hwy 49 / priest grade road
-sierra passes 88, 4, 108, 120
-49 to downyville
-70 or 162 to Quincy
-36 to Fortuna
-lost coast highway
-Legett to fort Bragg hwy 1
-comptche ukiah road off hwy 1
-knoxville berryessa road
-mines road
-pool station road
-29 to Clearlake
-la honda, skyline etc.
-salmon falls
-hwy 193
-rock creek road
- numerous other goat roads I cannot name

You're more than welcome to join me for a local ride sometime. Doug, we should go for a ride soon - it's been almost a year!

Ya know, for not being a local you sure have learned your way around;) Your right we do need to ride, I still remember that wheelie king on the 690.

Give me a shout after the holidays or when we get a nice weekend.

120b5e275bebbb4e4a272c1e70787a42.jpg

I train lime this !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a great fan of Class Rides by Reg Pridmore, mentioned above. He teaches skill, not racing, breaks the days class into 2, slow and not so slow, and has plenty of help out on the track when your group goes on. My friends and I have be 10-15 times and always learn a lot.

Back