hot weather gloves

I use BMW Airflow gloves. No more expensive than others and very good. I'm on my second set....first set lasted about 2-3 years....and I'll get another set when these wear out in another couple of years.

I wear a pair of the Alpinestars on your list. Good glove and the only complaint I have is there isn't much of a gauntlet, I like the glove to fit over my jacket cuff and these just don't make it. Other than that they are good for the summer.

I wear a pair of the Alpinestars on your list. Good glove and the only complaint I have is there isn't much of a gauntlet, I like the glove to fit over my jacket cuff and these just don't make it. Other than that they are good for the summer.

I have found that for the most part Summer gloves only come in the "shorty" version. I've yet to see a full gauntlet mesh glove...

I have found that for the most part Summer gloves only come in the "shorty" version. I've yet to see a full gauntlet mesh glove...

Shift has an older model of leather 'race style' glove with full gauntlet closure and it's very very perforated. A friend of mine has this glove and he's pasty white and has never complained about hot hands with them so I imagine they are pretty decent.

I just added SPIDI Jab-R gloves to the list. I'm now torn between the SPIDI and Alpinestars gloves. I have Alpinestars winter gloves and S-MX 5 boots and I'm extremely happy with them. I haven't owned SPIDI since my roadracing days back in the mid-late 80s.

RS Taichi Velocity Mesh Carbon Glove RST378 are starting to grow on me a little too.
image3.jpg

One thing I forgot to mention is I'm also looking for something that will dry fairly quick too. I ride nearly everyday so I do get caught in rain occasionally and need something to dry fairly quick.

Alpinestars SMX-2 Air Carbon Gloves
2011-Alpinestars-SMX-2-Air-Carbon-Gloves.jpg

I have the older version of that glove (it had a darker blue that matched my '07 better), but the sides of the fingers are wearing through very quickly. They looked crappy after just 1 or 2 rides. I bought them this spring and I know they won't make it to next spring. Great gloves other then the material between the fingers wearing poorly. I love the CF knuckle guards.

I hope the newer version wears better. Good luck.

I'm looking for vented/mesh summer gloves that has good protection.
Something that will dry quickly if I get caught in the rain.
I have 5 gloves (in growing) in mind and I'm open to see what you have and get your opinion.

Alpinestars SMX-2
FIRSTGEAR Kilimanjaro Air
tourmaster Intake Air Glove
REV'IT! Airvolution
SPIDI Jab-R

My spiel on gloves would be none of the above. I got a painful lesson in too light gloves on the track in May. Alpinestars SP2 failed at a seam and gave me a painful injury I wouldn't otherwise have had.

Then it dawned on me. Why am I making a distinction between track and street gloves? A street crash is just as likely to be nasty and violent. So I'm wearing GPPros on the street and the track. Rain is a problem. But they just get wet and if weakened, replaced sooner.

I realize all of this is about compromises. I don't wear track leather on the street. But heavier gloves aren't much of a disadvantage.

Well I picked up my Alpinestars SMX-2 AIR CARBON GLOVE on Thursday and I wasn’t impressed with the airflow nor comfort so I just returned them today. :(
I just ordered Held Air Stream gloves. I hope to pick them up on Wednesday. :)

Last edited:
BMW Airflow gloves are great, cool, comfortable and look good ....I'm on my second pair after I got three to four years out of the first. In Aust they cost about $120.

The Tourmaster Air Intake gloves are a good buy. I also use the Icon Pursuit glove most of the time. It's a perforated leather glove that seems to conform to the hand better. I wear the Pursuit glove most of the time. I keep extra gloves in my tank bag for rain because the leather gloves dont dry out very quickly.

Back