Help! Stolen Bike FZ1 2006 red

Dan

Please help keep an eye out in case my bike pops up for sale somewhere. My bike was stolen sunday night .

2006 Yamaha FZ1 Lic Plate 18T8182

Last night I was parked at my friends house for a few hours. When another friend got there later he parked when my motorcycle had been parked but was gone by the time he got there. Didnt see anything unusual outside and he came inside. When we all left I thought he was playing a sick joke on me and when I asked him to come outside and show me where he moved my bike too he said he had never seen my bike here. My bike was stolen from right out front and no one heard or saw anything.

It was stolen from the Hollenbeck District in LA and the cops we very truthful and helpful in the whole process. When I asked them they told me most bikes arent likely to be found but he would hand my case over to the theft Division and he would do everything they could.

That sucks, years ago I had a bike stolen but justice was served. They found the guy with my bike in Utah. When they tried to pull him over he ran, tried to negotiate a turn, overshot it, and slammed his helmetless head into a wall. He died and I got my bike back, it was damaged but I made it new again! I hope you get your bike back too.

That really sux, I hope you get it back and they catch the thief.

Some moron tried to steal my CBR600 at Daytona Speed Week in '98 - I had a disk lock on the front that he didn't see and when it hit the forks, it dumped him and the bike. That's how I found it when I came out of the auction lying on the ground. Cost me a few hundred to fix the damage to the fairing, but was way better than losing the bike. I never go anywhere on any bike without a disk lock.

that's horrible. I hope you have theft insurance.
any recent pictures ?

i just went to a photoshoot a week ago so i have some great pictures was hoping to upload them to the BOTM next month... can i still participate in that if I dont have a bike? I wonder?

i just went to a photoshoot a week ago so i have some great pictures was hoping to upload them to the BOTM next month... can i still participate in that if I dont have a bike? I wonder?

I would say yes/ like that matters.

but i hope karma finds your thieves.:spank2:

Of course I have no knowledge of how the photos were taken, but my devious mind wonders if there could be a connection between the theives and the photography group. Might be worth mentioning to the police. Good luck.

Of course I have no knowledge of how the photos were taken, but my devious mind wonders if there could be a connection between the theives and the photography group. Might be worth mentioning to the police. Good luck.

I'd be on this line of thinking as well. What a great front, come take pictues, find out the value of stuff and then come back and steal it.

I always fluctuate with being zen about it, and the it all happens for reason thing. And then hoping that my bike (car) takes out revenge by plunging the thieves into a fiery accident.

I hope you get your bike back in one piece. Watch craigslist in your area for your parts. I've heard of a couple of thieves being caught in this way.

I feel for you. Happened to me in the mid 80's Left work went down to the car park and WTF! Went back upstairs and confronted the office joker "Ok where is it?" Got a blank stare and my heart sank. It was my 1st RZ350. Wandered around for a while thinking what now? Went to the cops and got about the same response as you. At the time no insurance so canceled registration and just thought "This really sucks" About two months later at 2am a cop knocks on the door and tells me they found my bike in the middle of Sydney, I think oh yea its been trashed. Hooked up my trailer and there it was only thing missing was the belly pan. Got it home after a paranoid trip home thinking I'm gonna get done stealing my own bike. When I fired it up, it was all chocked up like the person that stole it rode at 2000rpm took about half an hour to clear itself. So I got mine back less one small part and they never even rev'd it! Took about 3hrs at the RTA (DMV in US) trying to convince them I didn't need to pay Tax as I didn't buy it, it was always mine.
HOPE YOU HAVE A HAPPY RESULT TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd keep and eye on all the internet sites where anyone could try to sell it and watch all the local papers. Most thieves aren't verry smart and they may try to list it in the for sale areas of the local papers or even on sites like Craigslist or Ebay. You can do a search on those sites for machines like yours and see if any are listed. You may just get lucky and won't cost you much.

Sorry to hear this. Definitely check Craigslist listings in areas surrounding where you live, I doubt most thieves would try to sell in the immediate area but you never know. Also I am not sure how big the bike scene is in your area but someone always knows something so ask questions.

Back