Hello

Hi I'm new to the forum and allso to sport bikes . I have an 02 with a pipe and k&n filter was wondering if it was worth doing the jet kit or not.
Thanks

I'm a little partial to GenI's. I love the carbbed bikes. If you have a slip-on I would go with the jetting. There are a couple of good kits out there you can buy or you can pick up the proper jets and do it yourself. I used Ivan's jet kit on mine and the difference was awesome. Using his kit you could also retain the stock air filter. You do however have to drill each carb to enlarge one of the passages. Dale Walker's kit has no drilling. Ivan did my bike himself because I'm fortunate enough to live only 30 minutes from his shop. Once I'm done rebuilding the YZF it will be going there as well. In the end you can choose whatever you want to do and whoevers kit you'd like to install. You will be pleasantly surprised when it's finished.

Oh, and I'm sorry. Where are my manners?! Welcome to the group!! Glad to have you along. Post some pics of your new ride for us to see and don't hesitate to ask any questions you have.

Bigggg, Welcome!!

:welcome: Eruscio !!
It's great to have another FZ1 member onboard and I think you will like it here for sure. Enjoy your stay !! :noworries:

Back