Hello from the corn field

Just found a nice deal on a fz1 from what I read is fairly uncommon and a little rare. Its my favorite bike and can't believe I have one :) picked up a 09 with the retro kit.

So now I get to spend lots of hours on a new board cramming in new data about motorcycles!!!!!

IMG_20130205_112859_829_zpsb0b5f7d2.jpg

Welcome Toto! Glad to have you along for the ride! Nice find indeed. Thanks for posting. Your gonna love the new ride, and who doesn't love the Retro Scheme! Loads of great people here on the board.

Welcome,
it's just been a month since i got my bum on a fz1 for the 1st time an i still remember the idiotic smile it put on my face =)

enjoy the bike, enjoy the forum... you'll find tons of info here...

Thanks fellas. I really can't wait for the snow to melt now and I open my garage everyday to see it parked in back drives me nuts lol pics make the bike look longer than they really are. This will be quite the jump from a ninja 650r. That was a fun bike but not a good 2 person rider. Ohhh. And maybe 3 times the power :sinister:

I almost asked the same thing. Mirrors are obvious after a second look. Front signals are pod-lights on the fairing. Rear do seem to be missing (integrated tail light?).

Are those front signals also running lights?

The angle of the photo cuts the mirrors off a bit, and those flushmounts do hide a bit because they're not bright orange. I guess they just jumped out at me from all of the hours I spent searching flushmounts when I had my FZ6R. Also, I've already had 2 coffees today. :)

Nice ride, I have an '09 Retro as well. Don't see too many of them around, in fact I have never seen one in the wild. You need to pray for an early spring.

Just an observation, but did you get the rear seat cowling as part of the deal? If you go two up a lot it isn't necessary, but I've removed the passenger pegs on mine so mine is strictly a one seater.

medium800.jpg

Nice and welcome!! :)

I too am from the eastern corn fields!! Where you at?

I am in Marion. :cheers:

No way!!! :jaw drop: I'm in the cedar rapids area lmao!!

Nice ride, I have an '09 Retro as well. Don't see too many of them around, in fact I have never seen one in the wild. You need to pray for an early spring.

Just an observation, but did you get the rear seat cowling as part of the deal? If you go two up a lot it isn't necessary, but I've removed the passenger pegs on mine so mine is strictly a one seater.

I did not get the rear seat cover with my bike and my g/f will jump on the back every other day. So I might as well keep them on. I don't know how much modding I will do to the bike. I might look at a new exhaust and power commander in the future so it utilizes the bolt ons better. A lot of money for a couple HP and different sound.

Here is a better pic

IMG_20130205_112913_261-1_zpse623c157.jpg

Back