Heading Back Home

Well we are moving back to good ole Austin, TX. The company I work for has been acquired and my position is "redundant." Today is my final day at work.

Frankly we are ready to get home. When our Oklahoma mis-adventures began two years ago I considered it a deployment, and as it turns out that was the correct mindset to have. Many of the promises that were made by the company that recruited me never materialized, and we just didn't fit into the "culture" of OKC. Brenda knows what I'm talking about. Regardless, we should be back in our old house by the end of August.

As luck would have it a buddy of mine happened to call earlier this week asking if I wanted to come work for him back at the State of Texas. "Of course!" I said. Back to IT.

There are some things we will miss however; the lack of mosquitoes, cool summer mornings, and low humidity, the occasional snow and I will especially miss a three car garage!

One chapter closes, as another opens...

Great news! You didn't have one positive thing to say about Oklahoma in the time you were there and I can't say I blame you. Welcome back to Austin :)

An early "Welcome Home!!!" to you and yours Pete! Most often, things work out for the best when you keep a positive attitude. Does this coincide with the renters leaving your home?

I'm getting close to ready. I put up a "Make me move" price on Zillow and have been informed that I'm saved on 4 people's favorites already. If they give me what I asked, I'm headed your way immediately. Austin or BUST!

Safe travels!

What do you do in IT?

Congrats on going back to a better area. I personally am not a fan of texas, but ive never been to Austin and im thinking that's about the only place I could live. Im not liberal at all, but most of texas just rubs me the wrong way, mostly southern texas where my wifes family is from. Maybe its not texas, its her family.........

ERP functional work in PeopleSoft. This role is the program manager for technical support of the state wide financial system.

I'm not a fan of south Texas either. Austin is the anti Texas! Lots of positive energy and people like to get out and do things.

Last edited:
Thanks Eric!

I'm glad to hear you're moving this way. Bring your sunblock!

Is the Zillow thing like a bidding system? Our house has not appreciated and we are looking for ways to reduce closing costs.

Thanks Eric!

I'm glad to hear you're moving this way. Bring your sunblock!

Is the Zillow thing like a bidding system? Our house has not appreciated and we are looking for ways to reduce closing costs.

No, Zillow is a huge real estate listing with maps, public knowledge facts like taxes, last price a home sold for, etc. You can create an account, go claim your home and then change the description and add all the photos you want then set a price and list it for free. I also have it send me results of a saved search so I can see what other homes are selling for in my area that are close to mine in size, etc. Gives me an idea of what to expect from the open market. Try Zillow: Real Estate, Apartments, Mortgage & Home Values in the US and also http://www.isoldmyhouse.com/

I accepted a job back with the Great State of Texas. I'm back in IT again. I start on 8/15.

Still working on selling the house. We have a showing tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

Before we leave the Tuono and I are going to ride The Talamena in the SE part of OK. Goes to Arkansas.

I accepted a job back with the Great State of Texas. I'm back in IT again. I start on 8/15.

Still working on selling the house. We have a showing tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

Before we leave the Tuono and I are going to ride The Talamena in the SE part of OK. Goes to Arkansas.

Congrats Pete and best of luck to you and your family.

Glad you are coming back! I hope we get to ride. Sign up on Two Wheeled Texans. There are constantly ADV meets and rides going on. I have signed up for the Roll the Bones Rally in October if you are interested.

Fingers crossed for ya Pete!
Hope it sells before you have to start the new job....
it would suck if your wife had to stay there with the baby to close on things.

Back