Hazard light problem

Bagzter

Hi guys, i just put some Oxford Products LED Nano indicators on my bike, 2007 FZ1, and find i have a problem with the hazard lights. The indicators work fine with the correct flash rate, but, when i put the hazards on they flash once and then no more, the indicators wont work then unless i cycle the ignition.

I know they worked fine before i switched to the LED's, so, is this a case of the relay wont handle the LED's or is it a sure sign its on its deathbed?
If its due to the relays not handling the LED's can anyone recommend what relay i should use.

Note: i have used the ballast resistor that comes with the kit as it set the flash rate correct.

Confirm the $25 ELFR-1 has fixed my problem with the hazards not working.

5 minute installation job, connects directly to the stock harness.

THANK YOU to this forum for pointing me in the right direction and also for the photos indicating the stock flasher unit position under the pillion seat.

Had the same problem lately, a friend of mine said that it could be with electrical current due to led are very sensitive with it, some riders install additional capacitor in order to work.

The problem is due to the resistors overloading the flasher circuit.
Piss the resistors off and install a dedicated led flasher relay and voila, working indicators even with hazards on.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Back