Happy Father's Day

I am sure that I'll be around tomorrow, but I am at work twiddling my thumbs so I figured that I would pass along a Happy Father's Day Greeting to all the Dads and Fathers to be on the forum. Hopefully you'll get some breakfast in bed, maybe something extra(Wink Wink), and some blessed sunshine so that you can get out there and ride! Have a great weekend. Billy.

Thanks! Happy Fathers Day to you too!!! Hopefully we'll all get that little extra tomorrow!!! I'm due this month!! hahahaha..thats how it is with 3 kids!!! anyway... dont mean to be a pain...but how the heck do i start a new post? im not seeing the "new post" button? maybe my pc isnt displaying? ive posted here b4.
I want to start a post on how i can lower my gen1 handlebars to a more agressive riding position. any help would be appreciated. and if your wives give you any noise about not "gett'n" any, tell them that the boys are counting on her:)

i like those striaght bars on ur bike! how do they feel? do they make ur riding position lower than stock? whats the make\model and where would i get them? thanks again!

They are Titanium Straight Bars. They came with the bike so I am not sure where they were purchased from. They feel really good but are a little low for my 47 year old wrists. After two hours of riding, I do feel a little pain in my wrists, however, I just did the lowering mod on the fork tubes and that helped somewhat. It's probably due to the fact that the bike turns easier now so there is less muscling it around. If you are in shape and younger than I am, you shouldn't have a problem. I can ask the guy I bought the bike from where he purchased them. I'll follow up with the info.

P.S. Where in CT are you? Western?

any info you can get me on lowering my bars would be appreciated. im in central ct. just 5 mi. south of hartford, in Wethersfield. im going on 43 with a 60 yr old back so not sure if this os a good move but i keep getting razzed by my sportbike buddies that im on an r1with an office chair. i personally would like a little more aggresive position as not to fight the wind so much. only my back will let me know if its a smart move. i've never been on my bike more than an hour at a time so not sure about the long hauls. we're trying to set up a ride to lake George with a few guys around here so if i lower before then, that should give me a good test ride.

Well, let me tell you about BACKS. I am sporting 5 Herniations, lower back L3,L4,L5,S1,S2. I've had two Epidurals, lost count on Cortisone shots, and a 3 month bout with severe sciatica which left me in bed 3 months straight. Trust me, you'll be fine with the straight bars if you go that route. I have had no issues with these bars and have registered just under 6,000 miles on the bike thus far.

Happy Father's Day to you guys too.

I was hoping for an early morning rode but the weather here in the northeast isn't giving at all. RAIN RAIN RAIN

Sorry to hear about the back Billy. Mine sucks too but nothing like you described. I can't imagine.

Happy Father's Day to you guys too.

I was hoping for an early morning rode but the weather here in the northeast isn't giving at all. RAIN RAIN RAIN

Sorry to hear about the back Billy. Mine sucks too but nothing like you described. I can't imagine.

Hey no problems here Steve. It's been bad for so long that I have learned to live with it. I just stay within my limitations. After my last Epidural, its been pretty much problem free! (Knock on Wood).

A very Happy Father's Day to you my friend. I just watched the weather and now they say that there may actually be some spots of sun tomorrow. I may get a ride in after all.

Thanks in advance. I did see those bars awhile ago. not sure i like the way they bend and you cant get them in black anymore. i prefer the way your straight bars look! thanks for looking into the bars for me and going "the extra mile" :)

To start a new thread....go to the forum tab -- click on the appropriate forum you wish to submit the post to. Right above the posts, there should be a button labeled "new thread".

Click on it to type your submission, enter title/description of what it is your are looking/wanting to know/click submit new post and you have just created your new post.

Happy Father's day to all.

Adam

Thanks! And a Happy Father's Day to all of you as well!

We're expecting rain tomorrow but today was just GREAT and I spent the whole day in the garage with FZ6-Forum friends modding bikes. (Another thread already started on this). We have a great BBQ and got three bikes modded and tested.

Tomorrow, I am having family over from Florida, a cousin with her husband and three (grown) kids. I have not seen this cousin since she was 8 yrs old. We've got a lot to catch up on!

I hope you all have a great Father's Day doing something you enjoy most. Take care all!

hell, just makes it harder for me to keep up....no harm no foul....and isn't it your thread to begin with????

You sir may cruise about and do as you please.... :Rockon:

Adam

A.D.D. of the forum. You should see how my life is w/o being hooked up to all the electrical gadgets.....has been kind of nice really....

Adam

Back