happy bday fz1riderny!!!!

Thanksgiving was great thanks for asking, we actually hosted dinner this year at my house. A first for Carri and I since we have been married, the family said we are the new official Thanksgiving day host. How was your Thanksgiving? Not sure if John mentioned to you I picked up that 999 I was looking at a few weeks ago.

Thanksgiving was great thanks for asking, we actually hosted dinner this year at my house. A first for Carri and I since we have been married, the family said we are the new official Thanksgiving day host. How was your Thanksgiving? Not sure if John mentioned to you I picked up that 999 I was looking at a few weeks ago.

Wow, so you guys were "first timers". That's great. I really like Thanksgiving much more than most holidays for some reason. Since my Mom retired and moved out to Vegas, with my sister following her shortly thereafter, it's really just me and my brother left in NY. Definitely not the same as it used to be but we make the best of it. You'll be "pros" in no time. I think it's fun to host the Thanksgiving holiday.

The 999: He may have mentioned it to me and I forgot. Have you ridden it at all, and what year is it?? You have to post some shots for me to see.

Ok Billy give us the rundown of last nites festivities.... you all out of dollar bills??? my 50th was wild I drank 1 shot of Cabo only under peer pressure.

Okay, you forced me!! 7pm, my son went out and bought me dinner from White Castle. I used that to wash down my Blood Pressure and Cholesterol medication. 8pm, I laid down in the bed with the dog and watched the Ultimate Fighting Championship special that was on to see Jason "Mayhem" Miller get beat up unfortunately in the main event. Then at 11pm, I got up, took a Unisom, crawled back into bed and waited for Saturday Night Live come on, (which sucked by the way), and fell asleep a half hour later. Man! I don't know how many more of these birthdays I can take!!! :D

Yes I did I was out one time about two weeks ago for a 120 mile ride with Johnny on the Rocks his wife Renea and friend Dave. John showed me some of the back road ridding he has out in his area. It was a lot of fun and by the end of the day I was starting to feel really comfortable with the Ducati.

Here are a couple pics I have it is a 2005 999 with full Zard exhaust PC III, full ohlins suspension front and back, a mono tail and seat, Giles rearsets, and a few other bolt ons.

Yes I did I was out one time about two weeks ago for a 120 mile ride with Johnny on the Rocks his wife Renea and friend Dave. John showed me some of the back road ridding he has out in his area. It was a lot of fun and by the end of the day I was starting to feel really comfortable with the Ducati.

Here are a couple pics I have it is a 2005 999 with full Zard exhaust PC III, full ohlins suspension front and back, a mono tail and seat, Giles rearsets, and a few other bolt ons.

Thats a sweet one Pete! And I see you have the GoPro mounted on it already. Do you happen to have any video onboard yet?? Also, how is the maintenance on that bike. I heard that some Ducatis need plenty of maintaining.

Bill, no video yet hopefully I will catch a warm day here sometime soon and can get out for a spirited ride with video. Yes you would be correct the cost of ownership is higher belt, valve adjusments, and full synthetic oil to name a couple. I knew that going into it, but it is a bike I have wanted for a long time now.

Bill, no video yet hopefully I will catch a warm day here sometime soon and can get out for a spirited ride with video. Yes you would be correct the cost of ownership is higher belt, valve adjusments, and full synthetic oil to name a couple. I knew that going into it, but it is a bike I have wanted for a long time now.

Sounds good. We should have some warm days left yet to this year... I hope at least for your sake. Will you be keeping the R6???

I would like to sell the R6, as much as I like and want to keep it I know I wont ride it once the 07 Daytona is track ready. I ordered a slipper clutch last week and I have a bunch of parts in the garage waiting to be installed on my winter project.

I would like to sell the R6, as much as I like and want to keep it I know I wont ride it once the 07 Daytona is track ready. I ordered a slipper clutch last week and I have a bunch of parts in the garage waiting to be installed on my winter project.

Thats too bad. That R6 is definitely sweet. So that means the Duc is basically street legal at this point? I guess you'll be safety wiring everything this winter and installing some sliders and stuff or is that done already?

Sliders are on already, I will be safety wiring, race body, clip-ons, steering damper, rear sets, and a 520 conversion -1 +2, quick turn throttle etc.... by
the end of this winter I will be questioning why I did the conversion until I get the 675 on the track at that point I know I will be happy. Most of the parts are in the garage in a box I will get started after the holidays.

Sliders are on already, I will be safety wiring, race body, clip-ons, steering damper, rear sets, and a 520 conversion -1 +2, quick turn throttle etc.... by
the end of this winter I will be questioning why I did the conversion until I get the 675 on the track at that point I know I will be happy. Most of the parts are in the garage in a box I will get started after the holidays.

I'm confused now?? It must be my old age. So you have 3 bikes now? The FZ, the 675, and the 999?? Or is the FZ gone?

The FZ is gone back in July of this past summer, I have four bikes in the garage, the 05 999, 07 Daytona 675, 01 R6 track only and my wifes bike a 2006 Ninja 250. Once the track bike is gone I may look for something used maybe a street tripple, Ducati Monster, or another FZ1 something with a more relaxed ridding position.

Back