Got to ride both bikes today abck to back!

Krispy1

Got the FZ1 out of hibernation today and went for a quick ride. Then for sh!ts and giggles I took out the R1. They are to very different and very fun bikes. The FZ is set to make torque and it feels like a big block muscle car compared to the R1. The R1 is so smooth and the way it's geared now feels like it could hit 200mph ( I know it won't but dam this thing is fast ) and it pulled down 44 mpg! The suspension is so much better on the FZ1 right now though. I feel like I can throw it into any corner and come out the other side.The R1 feels like I am going over the bars every time I have to brake... Once I can save up enough cash I will take the R1 to traxxion for some much needed attention! Any way here are some pics when I got home.

Great day for you Krisp! I have to say that looking at the last picture, they both look very similar to each other. Slap some clip-ons onto the FZ1 and shorten the wheelbase and they pretty much look the same from the rear at least.

Got the FZ1 out of hibernation today and went for a quick ride. Then for sh!ts and giggles I took out the R1. They are to very different and very fun bikes. The FZ is set to make torque and it feels like a big block muscle car compared to the R1. The R1 is so smooth and the way it's geared now feels like it could hit 200mph ( I know it won't but dam this thing is fast ) and it pulled down 44 mpg! The suspension is so much better on the FZ1 right now though. I feel like I can throw it into any corner and come out the other side.The R1 feels like I am going over the bars every time I have to brake... Once I can save up enough cash I will take the R1 to traxxion for some much needed attention! Any way here are some pics when I got home.

Now that's interesting.
What have you had done to the FZ1 forks?

Big difference in weight and I like both riding positions depending on my mood. I really do wish you could get a R1 engine in the FZ1...

I guess it shows how well a FZ can be setup. I'm sure the R1 in a short time will be better but it's good to know the FZ compares well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I was getting it.

It will be very interesting to see how he likes a set up R1 front end compared to his FZ1.

I can tell you now they are apples and oranges. If I was just going to ride the dragon for the day I would take the FZ1 because it feels like a 140 hp dirt bike. Once I get the suspension right on the R1 I know I will like better on the high speed stuff like the skyway. Nice thing is either bike will do either ride well so it will all boil down to what riding position I feel like that day!

Well I got to take the R1 to the hill yesterday. The suspension is just to soft for my fat arse. I did get open it up on the ride home though and it loves triple digit sweepers! Feels very good there but it wants run run wide under throttle in the tight stuff... I can't wait to get the suspension done on the R1 and ride both bikes back to back again.

Well I got to take the R1 to the hill yesterday. The suspension is just to soft for my fat arse. I did get open it up on the ride home though and it loves triple digit sweepers! Feels very good there but it wants run run wide under throttle in the tight stuff... I can't wait to get the suspension done on the R1 and ride both bikes back to back again.

You can bring the R1 and we'll see how it does with my FZ1. :) I sure hope I get to go. I've ordered a new set of Q2's for back up and I'll have a new set of 016's on the bike.

Back