Got rid of the FZ-1 and got a real bike!

slesser

I decided to ditch the FZ-1 and get something that is good looking, powerful, yet refined.

The best part was during my first ride my group made a stop for lunch. We parked next to a group of about 7-10 guys who seemed pretty decent, sport touring bikes mostly, one was a very nice looking BMW K1200 RS. We said hi to them then went in to order food. I went back out to my bike to grab something and found most of the guys parked next to us congregating around my bike.

As I approached, one guy asked if it was my bike and I said yes. He asked what kind and I said it was a BMW. He asked what model and I told him it was a BMW prototype, the only one ever made. I waited a few seconds and then added that it looked a lot like my friends FZ-1 parked right in front of mine. I have and '07 Cobalt blue FZ-1 and my friend has an '09 Cobalt blue FZ-1.

:funpost: Now ya need to paint couple of shoe boxes silver and slap'em against the sides of the crankcase. Walla! a BMW "boxer" engine!!!:rofl:

Decal over part of one head light to make it look smaller, and give it the "Bill the cat / BMW look:eyebrow: Are you rying to artificially inflate the price for a sale. Don't let your insurance company see it or your rates will increase.

You forgot a couple of things. First, you gotta have a trashed final drive, then comes faulty ABS, and finally, three $700 headlight replacements. Now ya got it. I loved my R1200ST, but three $700 headlights finally sealed the divorce.

Gotta be the color. When I 1st got mine in Blue, parked at work. One guy asks hey is that your beemer? And no I didn't have the decals like that.

Last edited:
I love it! Lucky it was respectable BMW riders and not a harley and harley riders or they would have beat the crap out of you!

Funny stuff. About 20 years ago I used to drive a Honda CRX. I put 5.0 badges on the fenders and got a few laughs out of that but also got a few people pissed off about it. Some people can take a joke and some can't, I guess. :drools:

Back