Gorge rd Adelaide hills

MrLims

The following link is to a youtube vid, showing on one of my favorite section of road through our local hills. It is a hot spot for motorcycles on the weekends but i was lucky this day and got a pretty clear run.

I know its not the most exciting vid out there but i'm still getting settled on my FZ1 and so aren't really pushing too hard

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxNX0TkES4w&feature=feedu"]Gorge rd 13 Oct - YouTube[/ame]

For a second there I did not realize you were from across the pond. I kept yelling at the screen "get on the right side of the road, your on the wrong side of the road". Then it hit me. Ohhh its not the US. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riverena?

Is that the road that climbs to the higher elevations and then goes on to the River Murray and the Riverina?

I really do understand that "right side, left side stuff."

I'd be making my way down a country road when I'd come to the Ozzie version of a hill and I'd move to the right.

There was usually some idiot coming directly at me in MY lane. Those Ozzies never learn.

What's wrong with those people?

Last edited:
Mate that vid just made me so home sick !! I grew up down on the Fleurieu Peninsula and spent every weekend flogging my way around those hills on every thing from a tarded IT490 well before it was all the rage 1984-85 and gsxr's, zx7 etc for a good 15 years before moving north. Thanks for the vid it made my day.

Is that the road that climbs to the higher elevations and then goes on to the River Murray and the Riverina?

Nah that's further through the hills, I like to play there too but i haven't shot any vids there yet, maybe next week ill head out that way the weather should be good and iv'e got some days off from work

Looks like a nice bit of road mate. It was nice to see a vid with just the sound of the bike and exhaust and not the usual crap music! By the way, what sort of muffler are you running?

I stay away from the Gorge. Too many cops, traffic, and cops for my liking. Also the road surface down the lower end is woeful on all the nice corners. The nicer corners up further that have you scaping pegs over a crest, and lifting you head out of the way to clear new signs they've put in is glorious though...lol.:cheers:

What camera are you using. Frame rate was excellent. Wouldn't mind getting myself one also.

Its a GoPro HD with a handlebar mount. I am pretty happy with it, the only issue ive ever had has been condensation on cold mornings but there are silica pack you can get for it to get around the problem.

Back