Goodbye fellow FZ1 owners

KNEEDOWN69

- I have sold my FZ1 streetfighter, i have loved every minute of owning & riding her but i am giving up road riding and will concentrate on track riding which i prefer. The cost to insurance & rego is ridiculous here now, lack of maintenance of the roads & revenue gathering traffic police have taken the fun out of it. I will be upgrading my ZX6r trackbike for a ZX10r or GSXR1000/750. If i can pickup a cheap wrecked R1 i may do a kickass streetfighter project. Big thanks to all, this forum is awesome :tup:.

Sorry to see you go. Shame as thats a very nicely spec'd bike your selling there.
Hope you enjoy the track. I'm yet to find out how much fun a track day is... maybe soon.

- I have sold my FZ1 streetfighter, i have loved every minute of owning & riding her but i am giving up road riding and will concentrate on track riding which i prefer. The cost to insurance & rego is ridiculous here now, lack of maintenance of the roads & revenue gathering traffic police have taken the fun out of it. I will be upgrading my ZX6r trackbike for a ZX10r or GSXR1000/750. If i can pickup a cheap wrecked R1 i may do a kickass streetfighter project. Big thanks to all, this forum is awesome :tup:.

Hey! Slow down my friend. Just because your leaving the FZ1 ranks doesn't mean that you have to leave us here on the board. We love track day pics and stories from the circuits. Stick around pal!

In this situation, I cannot blame you for making this decision. Stay here and take videos on the track. We'd love to see them and hear about your runs.

You know, there are days where I don't mind "just ambling" on the bike. Sometimes a relaxing ride is just as good as an adrenaline ride. I hope you can find that in the future and get back on the street with something you enjoy.

In the meantime, tear up the eff'n track man and have a GREAT time!

I can understand your frustration with road riding. That is a big part of why I enjoy the off-road stuff and why I have been gravitating away from the road to more dirt riding. Between the tighter rules and the increased traffic and the lack of attention paid to driving by the caged masses, it's becoming less fun all the time. The track and off-road riding are the most fun places to ride. Then at least you can test the machine and your own abilities to there limits. On the street that would be irresponsible and costly at best.

I look forward to the track pictures.

Back