gone back to standard can

got out on a nice ride today ...nice spring day in the uk..

gone back to standard can... ok it does not looks so cool ..but motor is so much smoother & a nice air intake sound in the the upper rev range

also not problem with cops ... they are getting heavy on loud pipes

All you got to do is paint the end caps black and you will be set!

Edit:

Just realized your bike is silver, not white... LOL I thought it was white, so basically the silver end caps look great on there the way they are. Bike looks great man!

Last edited:
Although I must admit that the junevile part of my brain likes the snarl of my MIVV Suono, when touring and I'm out in the middle of nowhere checking out the scenery, the quiet of a stock exhaust system is a pleasure to the ears. I've kept the stock system because I think there will be a time when either the Suono dies or I just get tired of hearing it sound off like a pisssed-off cat.

when I put the db killer back in my akra its nice and quiet, but still looks great, weighs less, and sounds just a little deeper then stock.

gone back to standard can... ok it does not looks so cool ..but motor is so much smoother & a nice air intake sound in the the upper rev range

i am suprised how a lot of you. like a standard pipe ... all at least a quiet pipe
yes the 2011 has black cover s on the standard pipe... cool may paint my not sure ?

What did you have on there for an aftermarket can and are you/did you list it for sale?

I also agree with Lonerider... I kept the stock can and just may got back to it once the TwoBros packing wears out and not worry about the noice ordinance any longer. Even though I have been stopped, cleared and have the State Police contact card, I think they will keep pestering me once in a while just because it is CLEARLY not a stock can. If I get hassled once more when I start this season, I might have a TwoBros fire sale.

*EDIT* And I will take the caps off NOW and paint them black for when it goes back on. :D

should of went with a scorpion pipe nice finish with not alot of sound but nice deep tone.It does crackle abit if you rev like crazy then shut the throttle but I like it sounds like a triumph.

cops in america must be anal !!!!!!!!!!! get a job I have never been pulled in england I have a scorpion exhaust on mine and it sounds not to loud but loud enough and gives the bike sound a deep tone.

I'm kind of with the OP on this. I had a beautiful two brothers carbon fiber slip-on with db killer that sounded very nice. I also had the juice box. For the life of me though I didn't feel much of a power difference and the stock can actually has a very nice growl to it. I think I'll stick with stock this time around. The FZ1 doesn't suffer from a lack of HP or torque in its class. It may disappoint some because it accesses its big power high up in the rev range but I have no complaints.

cops in america must be anal !!!!!!!!!!! get a job I have never been pulled in england I have a scorpion exhaust on mine and it sounds not to loud but loud enough and gives the bike sound a deep tone.

Not America as a whole, but in New Hampshire anyway. We have a strict noise ordinance and they will set up random stations and pull in all passing motorcycles and test them. Pass, you get a contact card... Fail, the bike doesn't move until you either put the stock can back on or have someone come pick it up. :(

Not America as a whole, but in New Hampshire anyway. We have a strict noise ordinance and they will set up random stations and pull in all passing motorcycles and test them. Pass, you get a contact card... Fail, the bike doesn't move until you either put the stock can back on or have someone come pick it up. :(

That stinks!!!! Just flat out!!!
I will admit that I fracture the occasional speeding law but I understand why we have speeding laws. I also understand why cops enforce laws. I guess it is the same thing.
Either way - that would really stink to be walking/ have your bike towed because a policeman decided it was too loud.
How do they test?

to be honest I find louder can on cars ie,small hatchbacks and subaru's etc yet bikes get all anal over them.my can is not loud it does not interfere with my riding but the cans just make the back end sound nice.anyways as long as the cans are stamped road legal then that should be all well and good..............over in england all cans have to be stamped roadlegal with a code on them dunno about america.ALSO CHOPPERS i would of thought had loud pipes also.

That stinks!!!! Just flat out!!!
I will admit that I fracture the occasional speeding law but I understand why we have speeding laws. I also understand why cops enforce laws. I guess it is the same thing.
Either way - that would really stink to be walking/ have your bike towed because a policeman decided it was too loud.
How do they test?

Here in NZ the old traffic cops had a piece of dowel wood and shooved it up your can- no baffle ment you got a ticket. Now some testing stations have the db meter test some as the video. My GYTR Oval Carbon Slipon is loud as you would expect being full free-flow. I have always pulled off and changed mufflers on every vehicle Ive had. Last week I renewed my WOF (warrent of fitness) and was not hit-up for a striaght pipe and my headlights were not high either.

Back