Gloves recommendation?

I'm after a new set of gloves.

Can anyone recommend me some comfortable yet safe gloves with plenty of protection?

They must be full gauntlet.

I'm after a new set of gloves.

Can anyone recommend me some comfortable yet safe gloves with plenty of protection?

They must be full gauntlet.

I really like the fit of Alpinestars. They are very comfy after they break in, buy them just a little tight. I do feel like they wear out faster then they should for a not so cheap glove. I have always wanted to try Held, Knox or Dainese but just can't part with that much money for gloves. Right now I have A Stars smx 2 gloves and really like them. They are currently on sale at Motosport.

My routine with buying gloves is always to find the brands that fit me best and pick the suitable glove from there. What brands do you prefer? A good fit with gloves is very important for obvious reasons. I've tried on everything I could get my hands on (in) and I now know which brands to go for when I glove shop.

Once you know, it's as easy as finding the features you want for the price you want.

Would that it were that simple. Glove sizing issues are a plague. I find no consistency, model-for-model, even among the same brand. My Held "Steves" are size 10 and fit perfectly - although my measured hand, according to Held charts, is size 9. I ordered a pair of Held Warm n Dry in size 11, allowing for the possibility of a snug fit with the Gore Tex. I couldn't get my hand into the size 11. I have had the same issues with Alpinestars and Rev'it. You just have to get lucky.

That's a disappointment, El Tigre! I have found very consistent sizing with my two favourite brands: Five Advanced & RS Taichi

Five is especially consistent. I wear the same size in both a thin summer glove as I do with an insulated, waterproof glove. Identical fit. Thanks for the heads up about Held. That's something to be aware of as they are on my radar for a brand to try. I might try Racer next if I can find a place to try them on. I heard they are very consistent, too

Last edited:
I have 3 pairs,

For hot summer conditions I bought a pair of Dryrider, hardly wear them, too uncomfortable for me.

I also bought a pair of their winter gloves which I hardly wear due to the liner making them hard to get on & off.

My Dainese SCP Concept fit me perfectly and I can get a pair of thin thermal gloves underneath for winter. These are my everyday gloves & my preference. Having said that my Dad & brother don't like the feel of them as much as the gloves they choose to ride.

I got a pair of teknic gloves around the $100 mark, they're comfortable yet plenty of protection with reinforced palms and knuckle protection.

I should add that lengthwise they only go to my wrist as opposed to others that are mid forearm length

I have a couple pair that I like. One pair is The Held Thux (size - 8M) and the other is Alpinestars GP Pro (size - 7). The Alpinestars fit my hand very well and the quality appears to be good. The Held Thux are a good fit as well, except the thumb is not long enough I have stretched the thumbs a little, but is would go to a 9 if I bought another pair. The Held gloves show less wear despite more mileage.

I've crash tested some Five gloves and they stood up well. Didn't stop a broken wrist but at least all my skin was intact.

I also have some Dainese gauntlets for colder weather.

On most other brands I've tried the ring finger tends to be too long and is distracting/annoying/rubs the levers when reaching for them.

The A* are nice ,also consider a pair of icon overlords

I actually have a set of Icon Overlords and they are extremely comfortable.

I'm after another set of gloves as they are getting on a bit now.

I want to try something different.

I like the look of these Dainese Carbon Cover ST gloves:

Last edited:
I like the look of the Dainese Carbon Cover ST gloves.

I was hesitant to reply to this thread, but since you mention that ... The newest pair of gloves that I purchased is a pair of Dainese 4 Stroke Gloves. Now they don't fit your 'full gauntlet' requirement, but I can comment on their fit and finish.

If the rest of Dainese's offerings are anything like these gloves, then I say give it a go. These are nice gloves!

I've crash tested some Five gloves and they stood up well. Didn't stop a broken wrist but at least all my skin was intact.

Glad to hear that. I am really pleased with mine so far but have not crashed in them. I use the RFX New for hot days and the WFX1 for everything else.

Back