Gen 3 FZ1

Well with the current state of motorcycle salesI can't see any manufacturer making big changes. Suzuki didn't even bring 2010 models over to the US!!!

Most of the proposed changes in the previous posts have their merit. However, don't forget that the FZ1 is already well north of the $10k range, but selling at big discounts, so some corners will have to be cut with the Gen III to keep the price from getting too high. If the new FZ8 is any indication I don't anticipate many "trick" components on it.

Theres another thing to keep in mind. One of the major reasons Yamaha is NOT going to make a lot of these mods, is I'm sure they dont want FZ1 sales encroaching on R1 sales. After all if they made a Fz1 with full on R1 performance, who would buy an R1? That said, I would buy a full on FZ1:)

That's not really an issue, Aprilia brought out the RSV and the Tuono, which was a naked version of the RSV, they both sold very well.
They're also supposed to be bringing out a Tuono version of the RSV4 next year.

If you look at manufacturers like Ducati and MV, they're bringing out more extreme/powerful naked sportsbikes as they're becoming more popular.

I'd like Yamaha to bring out a proper, full-fat, naked R1 btu I can't see it happening.

Back