gen 1 owners

LOL
I hear that! I have been swamped with personal stuff (moving mom to a new nursing home) and actually fallen head over heals for a chick. In fact - this may be the big one.....CRAP!!!! I really thought I was going to stay single. LOL

Well - all that to say - I have a pile of projects that am going to try to do. Starting with the Gauge of Eternal Coolness. Down to just putting grips on the Gen 1. I was thinking of doing pics of the journey along the way. So maybe in the next few weeks I can contribute some pics and some how to's. I really like to do reviews and how to's. I also have an Ivan's Jet Kit but I don't think I will get that done before our big FZ1 trip to Arkansas. At least 2 Gen 1's from this board are going to go on a moto trip to Arkansas next month. TheWolfTamer is going to be my roomate and is great at posting videos and pics. She also knows a heck of a lot about bikes - she is a great resource for information and she keeps a blog of her journeys. She has a great story for those of you who don't know her. It's worth checking out. Here is her site: theWolfTamer Chronicles

One thing I will get done - I bought a Motion Pro Carb Sync meter and I'm going to do a how to for everyone to adjust their own carbs. So instead of paying the shop $300 everytime - you will have pics and explanations on how to do it. This will literally save you thousands of dollars over the life of your bike. Plus - it greatly improves the performance so you win on both areas.....and have the satisfaction of knowing that YOU did it - plus you know that you did it correctly. I know a lot of you guys have more wrench time than I do so I welcome any additional comments. I think we can get a bunch of good stuff together for the Gen 1 guys in the months to come.
If we can get a list started, I'll categorize it and find relevant links. I've learned so much from these boards and the encouragement has made me willing to try things I may never have otherwise.

Just picked up a used tire changer to mount my next set before our trip.

MG install want too bad. I love that thing, it's worth more than it costs! Grommet from the other forum is going to help me add gps to it.

Back