gen 1 owners

Oh, we're around, and chime in if/when needed. Well, at least three of us are. There were a few more of us originally, but they left carbed for FI, or went off in another direction, but still chime in from time to time.

The join button was stealthly but I found it.
I like the Gen 1 due to my fear of electronic voodoo magic boxes plugged into PC used to make power. I distrust this evil magic. This displeases the horse power gods.
Magic%20Voodoo%20Spells.png

0902_sbkp_09_z+fuel_injection_tuning_advice+power_commander_3.jpg

Last edited:
You got to join it yourself. I believe there is a join button. :)

Yes - there is a button at the top of the link provided at the top of the page associated with the link.
LOL
I have been here for more than a year and this is the first time I have seen this group - so I bet there are more of us out there than you think.

I visited the Gen 1 Owners Social Group Discussions today and we still have whopping 3 discussions. :) At least I didn't miss anything. :)

I visited the Gen 1 Owners Social Group Discussions today and we still have whopping 3 discussions. :) At least I didn't miss anything. :)

LOL
I hear that! I have been swamped with personal stuff (moving mom to a new nursing home) and actually fallen head over heals for a chick. In fact - this may be the big one.....CRAP!!!! I really thought I was going to stay single. LOL

Well - all that to say - I have a pile of projects that am going to try to do. Starting with the Gauge of Eternal Coolness. Down to just putting grips on the Gen 1. I was thinking of doing pics of the journey along the way. So maybe in the next few weeks I can contribute some pics and some how to's. I really like to do reviews and how to's. I also have an Ivan's Jet Kit but I don't think I will get that done before our big FZ1 trip to Arkansas. At least 2 Gen 1's from this board are going to go on a moto trip to Arkansas next month. TheWolfTamer is going to be my roomate and is great at posting videos and pics. She also knows a heck of a lot about bikes - she is a great resource for information and she keeps a blog of her journeys. She has a great story for those of you who don't know her. It's worth checking out. Here is her site: http://thewolftamer71.blogspot.com/

One thing I will get done - I bought a Motion Pro Carb Sync meter and I'm going to do a how to for everyone to adjust their own carbs. So instead of paying the shop $300 everytime - you will have pics and explanations on how to do it. This will literally save you thousands of dollars over the life of your bike. Plus - it greatly improves the performance so you win on both areas.....and have the satisfaction of knowing that YOU did it - plus you know that you did it correctly. I know a lot of you guys have more wrench time than I do so I welcome any additional comments. I think we can get a bunch of good stuff together for the Gen 1 guys in the months to come.

Last edited:
Bumblebee luv

I have ridden my 03 fz for about a week and its the best. The fizzer is more agile than the bandit 12 and loads more power than the Ninja 500 (1st new bike). Sadly I am having carb problems. Maybe bad gas? Idles rough, sputters, and dies. I drained the tank, next Im removing the carbs and cleaning. Im acceptting any advice or even prayers!

Back