G'Day from another Aussie....

Err....G'Day...
I'm a newbie to the FZ1 forum, but I'm pretty stoked I found it.
I've had my '09 FZ1 for about 9 months now. It's stock except for the factory touring/comfy seat & the taller screen. I bought it used, but with only 500 miles on the dial. I haven't ridden it much because I'm away a lot for work (yacht engineer). It's sitting in storage in Florida but I'm currently putting all the paperwork together to ship it back to Oz & re-register it for next year.
I've been riding sport bikes on the road & track, on & off for about seven years now. The FZ is the first in-line four I've owned. (I will always have a soft-spot for italian v-twins but they soak-up too much time & money on maintenance).
When I went shopping, I couldn't find a better all-rounder than the FZ1S....it does everything well & looks shit-hot too. I'm a tall guy (6'3") so the riding position is a nice change from the more aggressive sports bikes I used to ride. Comfort for my better-half was also a big factor 'coz she is usually on the back on the weekends - the FZ1 has a better pillion area than many other sports oriented bikes out there (she's happy, so that's all that matters if I wanna go riding right?)
I plan to experiment with the suspension settings for road, road+pillion & track when i get the time, so I'll post up a bit of a running data sheet. I suspect the stock rear-shocks' days are numbered once I start touring 2-up and/or lapping my favourite track. It might be interesting to try & do a direct comparison if/when I fit an aftermarket unit, if I already have good set-up & performance data for the stock shock to compare with.
I don't have many photos yet, but here's one of the last day-long ride we did - 'twas a great day.
Anyway peoples, thanks for a great little site. Ride hard, but ride smart.
cheers S

Last edited:
Back