gas mileage

I get any where from 28 to 38 depending on how I ride..(like a idiot)..lol. usually the best I get is riding 2 up with the wife. Both of us up and down the mountain starting at 600ft up over a pass 4200ft just putting 38 mpg the bike doesn't do bad , my wrist seems to be the major issue. I checked the other day on a somewhat conservative ride..only hit 100 I think once..36 mpg..This bike is rated by Yamaha at 35 mpg to get what I do with all the mods is actually amazing..

Last edited:
So went to the gas station put the bike on the center stand and filled it all the way up. As full as I could. I rode all day. Moderate pace. Me and another fz but raced a few times. We both were riding two up. I got 92 miles until the last bar started flashing. How much is left in the tank when it hit reserve? How far can you go once you hit reserve. I would figure there should be about a gallon left once I hit reserve. That would put me at 24 miles to a gallon. Lol that seems horrible.

So went to the gas station put the bike on the center stand and filled it all the way up. As full as I could. I rode all day. Moderate pace. Me and another fz but raced a few times. We both were riding two up. I got 92 miles until the last bar started flashing. How much is left in the tank when it hit reserve? How far can you go once you hit reserve. I would figure there should be about a gallon left once I hit reserve. That would put me at 24 miles to a gallon. Lol that seems horrible.

Yes, 24 is about the worst MPG I've heard on any FZ1. :dontknow:

I think I got 29 as my absolute worst doing jail time speeds and super hard acceleration the entire tank before fill up. I average 36 MGP. Usually 32 when riding hard and as much as 42 when riding super conservative on trips with my wife on her '09 Ninja 250R.

I look for the F-Trip somewhere between 100-130 miles and I expect at least another 30 miles before true empty. I know I've gone between 20-25 miles on F-Trip.

I've only been through one tank of gas so far. I bought the bike last Tuesday, a left over 2013. I bought gas yesterday. I went about 10 miles after the bars started flashing. I put in 3.75 gallons. I didn't zero trip meter when I purchased the bike, but I think I went just over 150 miles. I hope this means I had 40 or so miles left in the tank.

Yes, 24 is about the worst MPG I've heard on any FZ1. :dontknow:

I think I got 29 as my absolute worst doing jail time speeds and super hard acceleration the entire tank before fill up. I average 36 MGP. Usually 32 when riding hard and as much as 42 when riding super conservative on trips with my wife on her '09 Ninja 250R.

I look for the F-Trip somewhere between 100-130 miles and I expect at least another 30 miles before true empty. I know I've gone between 20-25 miles on F-Trip.

Yea my f trip came on at the 92 miles. So that means I have another 30 miles until I'm truly empty. So let's just say 130 out of a tank. What could cause me to get this bad of gas mileage? Mapping?

Back